Chapter 3; Progress

*•*In the morning*•*

(Lucy's POV)

I sat at my normal, yet annoying seat.

"Ohayo!" Happy greeted.

"Ohayo!" everyone greeted back.

"I'm going to check in on everyone's project. Jet and Droy, did you get anything done?"

"Yes, Happy-sensei!" Jet rose up his progress on his poster.

"Good, how about you, Levy and Erza?"

"Got some progress done." Erza replied.

Happy started checking on every pair.
"Okay, how about you, Juvia and Gray?"

"We've done nothing yet. We barely know each other." Gray shrugged his shoulders.

"Get to know her, then. Probably hang out or something-"

"Like a date?" Natsu interrupted.

"I'm not sure if they're ready, though. How could you know about that, Natsu?"

"I looked it up last night. Plus, I know they're probably gonna get along."

"Okay, well, what did you do yesterday, then?" Happy asked.

"I experienced what a date was with Lucy."
I blushed, and everyone started gasping.

"Must've had fun, huh?" Gajeel smirked.

"Yeah, I did." Natsu chuckled a bit. I hit my blushes, and pretended that I wasn't listening.

"Uh...." Happy seems that he doesn't know what to do.

"We went on rides, we shared cotton candy, I gave her my jacket when she was cold, it was the perfect night."

'He didn't mention the part when he almost kissed me.....or was it all a dream?'

"Great job, Natsu, you've had the most progress out of everyone. Now, besides the project, let's learn about fish, shall we?" Happy turned to the board and everyone groaned. I looked at Natsu, showing him my blushed face.

He winked at me,"I won't tell anyone about the fireworks"

I grinned back,"Thank you."

~After school~

I walked out the school with my friends, and Natsu approached me,"Lucy, can I walk with you home?"

"Uh...sure," I replied.

"Bye guys," I waved at my friends. Erza, and Wendy waved back as Levy winked at me,

'Go for it!' her voice said in my head.

I blushed,'No...we're just friends!'

We started getting closer to my home, it was getting really awkward and silent.

"So what are we going to do for this poster?" I interrupted the silence.

"I've brought a few things that could help us." Natsu replied as he took a glance at his plastic bag that looked like it came from a store.

"Oh." It became silent again....

"Do you think last night really was a date?" Natsu asked, all of a sudden.

"I don't know......but you did search up the meaning when you went home?"

"Yeah. It means when two people who love each other go out somewhere to hang out, or something romantic." Natsu explained, while blushing.