Part 32

Joey

I sat back and watched my kids interact with their true father. I feel like right now is the moment I have needed my entire life.

"Oh, come on, Mason. You are not the innocent sweet boy Mom thinks you are, " she laughed and looked at Hudson. "He went out with Natalie who is one year older than us, then got home and walked to Leslie's flat, and snuck in her room."

Hudson sat back with a smirk on his face. "Do you sneak into girls rooms often?" He asked.

"She has no idea what she's talking about. Leslie is just a friend, and Mom knows  I dated Natalie, but not Leslie. Plus, it's better than the time mom caught you making out with that Gus fellow in the study." Mason defended.

Hudson looked at me, and I just waved him off. "Our daughter can take care of herself, no doubt. Like the time that boy down the block got too close. The poor kid went running home with a bloody nose." I laughed.

Hudson gave a look of approval.

"Yeah Mason, just because I let one boy kiss me, doesn't mean I'm a whore like you." She teased.

That grabbed his attention.

"Do you really expect any of us to believe you've only kissed one boy?" Mason countered.

"At least I'm still a virgin." She said, and Hudson had a look of shock on his face. It seems we have a lot to talk about.

"That's enough of that kind of talk," I said.

"Times have changed, Mom. Girls aren't innocent like you were at our age." Serenity said, and Hudson choked on his water.

"Uh oh, do you have secrets to share?" Serenity asked.

"Nope, I'm pleading the fifth." He said, and the kids looked at him like he had two heads.

"He is talking about the fifth amendment." I said.

"Oh, right, well, tell us a story about Mom." Serenity said.

I laughed. "Hudson, careful what you say."

He smirked.

"Your mom was so funny and exciting. The first day we met, she actually did a panty raid in my room, then climbed out the window and took off laughing in her friend's car. I just stood there in complete disbelief, this chick climbed in my window and stole my underwear." He smiled at the memory.

"Mom!" Serenity laughed, and I shrugged my shoulders.

"They dared me, what was I supposed to do?" I laughed

"Umm, like, not climb in boys windows?" Serenity said with a laugh.

"He wasn't just any boy. Soon after that, he became my whole world. Plus, if I didn't accept that dare, the two of you might not be here today." I said.

"Your mother was more innocent than people thought. She was a good girl, most of the time." He winked at me with a grin.

His phone rang, so he excused himself from the table.

"I've been meaning to ask the two of you what you think of Hudson." I asked.

They both looked at me, but Mason spoke first. "I'm just glad to finally meet him, he's better than I imagined." Mason said.

"He's okay." Serenity said, and shrugged her shoulders.

"Mom, are we moving here to the states?" Mason asked.

"Well, I guess we should discuss that. What are your thoughts?" I looked between the both of them.

"I want the chance to know my real father," Mason said,  "So if that means we move here, then so be it."

"I miss London, but Riley is okay, I guess. I will miss my friends, but I also like feeling safe." Serenity said.

"Unfortunately, it would depend on your father. He is still my husband, and your legal father."

They looked at each other then at me. "I thought you were wanting free of him." Serenity said.

I don't know what to say,then Hudson came back and took his seat.

"Mom, I asked a question." Serenity said.

"I am bound by a contract, and he has a lot of power. Divorce isn't an option until the two of you are of legal age. The contract states I forfeit custody if I leave him before you both are of legal age. It was written of any children born into our marriage." I said.

"So you're saying, the only way to gain your freedom, is if he no longer exists?" Serenity asked.

"That or he goes to prison. It won't be long until you're legally adults." I said.

"That's screwed up in so many ways." Serenity sat back and crossed her arms.

"That's why you and Dad fought about having more kids?" Mason asked.

"Oh, not just for that reason. I vowed never to give him a child, just because he didn't deserve any children. I always wanted more children, but didn't want them with him. I always loved being your mother. I was so young and scared when the two of you came along, but the moment I held you I, knew my purpose." I said