Chapter Twenty-Three: An Annoyed Isabella is a Violent One

We rushed to the hospital, FP was helping Fangs up as we made our way through the halls. Jughead and I rushing to find any help that we can. After we got here, Sweetpea left with some serpents. I didn´t know for what and right now I didn´t care.

"Help us!" I yelled. "We need a doctor."

"Ma'am." Jughead said trying to get the women at the desk attention.

"Wait your turn, please." She said not bothering to look up. What the hell is wrong with this women.

"He was shot!"

"I need you to step back!" The nurse exclaimed pointing at us.  

"He's dying!" Jughead exclaimed hitting the top with his arm. The nurse jumped.

"Hey, what's going on here?" A doctor stepped in.

" My friend was shot right in the stomach." I motioned towards Fangs. All my words was hurried.

"Hey, get me a gurney." Some nursed pushed the gurney over and FP and Jughead laid Fangs down on it. Fangs let out a painful groan holding his stomach.

"Hang in there Fangs. You’re not dying on me." I said lowly to him. He gave me a meek nod before the doctors rolled him away.

"Jug, where do you think you're going?" FP called out as Jughead walked towards the exit. I followed silently behind them. The blood from Fangs still stained my hands.

"To find the guy who shot Fangs!"

You're not going out there. Not with people rioting."Fp tried reasoning with his son but Jughead just shook him off and continued. "Look, you're angry, you want justice. So do I.
But you've got a fallen soldier here, boy, and we need to talk to his family. It's part of being a leader."

"Some leader I am."

"Jug don’t blame yourself." I said trying to help.

"Let’s go." Fp said grabbing Jughead and walking him back to Fangs.

We waited a good hour in the waiting room until Jughead and I got restless. We found the closest nurse and started bombarding her with questions.

"Excuse me ma’am." I said poliety. The nurse turned around. "How’s Fangs Fogarty?"

"He’s still in surgery." She told us. The new sheriff came up interrupting us. I stepped a few feet back not wanting to deal with this. I moved away grabbing my phone and dialing Sweetpea. After a few rings he answered.

"Where are you?" I said hearing the yelling coming from the phone.

"Don’t worry about it." He responded. I scoffed.

"You did not just say that. Look you dumbass if you do anything and I mean anything that harms a hair on your body, I swear I’ll find you myself and kick your ass."

I hear Sweetpea chuckle slightly on the phone. "Babe I need to do this, I need to, I just need to do this please." He said sounding defeated. I sighed tired.

"Where are you?" I asked again.

"I’ll talk to you later babe." Sweetpea hung up on me. I ran my hands down my face as I looked around trying to find Jughead.

"Isabella!" I heard him call my name. I turned around to face him but he just grabbed my arm leading me to the exit. "We need to go to the high school. Sweetpea and the other serpents are there looking for Reggie."

“What do you mean they’re looking for Reggie?” I asked but I already knew the answer. I know the teen serprents like the back of my hand, they want revenge for Fangs getting shot. Jughead stopped giving me a look.