Chapter Twenty-One: In which Fogarty was arrested

I was waiting in front of the school for Sweetpea as multiple people passed by me wanting to make their way to the theater. Riverdale High was making their own version of Carrie and from what Cheryl, Toni, and Fangs had told me it was going to be quite good. They practically begged Sweetpea and I to come see it knowing we wouldn't if they didn't ask.

Sweetpea was reluctant at first but after a few whispers in his ear and a promise he agreed quickly making the serpent's who were around us laugh and yell out whipped.

The breeze hit my legs causing goosebumps to form as I pulled out my phone to call that boyfriend of mine. The leather skirt I had on not doing anything to bring me any warmth whatsoever. The top half of my body being quite warm considering I was wearing a big white knitted long-sleeve.

Just as I was about to hit the dial button, the tall dark haired serpent appeared in front of me in his serpents jacket that was over a flannel and some dark washed jeans that he paired with some black leather boots

Just as I was about to hit the dial button, the tall dark haired serpent appeared in front of me in his serpents jacket that was over a flannel and some dark washed jeans that he paired with some black leather boots. I rolled my eyes putting my phone away.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm late." He apologized as he walked over to me placing a small kiss on my cheek.

"It's fine." I said waving him off.

"Damn." He said as his eyes roamed my body, slightly darkening as he realized what I was wearing. I looked away blood rushing to my cheeks, my face feeling hot. Sweetpea laugh at my reaction pulling me into his arms so he was hugging me.

I buried my head into the side of his neck. "Can we go inside now? I'm cold." I mumbled against his skin. He nodded intertwining our hands and walking into the school.

Sweetpea grabbed the flyer some people were handing out at the door that I assumed it was for the play since the word Carrie with a girl all bloody was on the cover. Looking over the audience, I looked for two open seat that were somewhat close to the stage.

Finding them, I shook Sweetpea's hand motioning towards the seats. He nodded and started walking towards them with me right behind him. Sweetpea stood beside the aisle letting me pass first before settling the seat next to me.

I smiled over at him. "When did you become such a gentleman?" I teased.

Sweetpea rolled his playfully nudging me with his shoulder. "About the time you came into my life."

I cocked an eyebrow up. "Yeah I don't think third grade you had any manner let alone was a gentleman."

Sweetpea laughed wrapping his arms loosely around my shoulders. "True, but it was always there. Just needed the right person in order for it to come out."

I rolled my eyes with a huge grin on my face. "Smooth." I told him.

He smirked sending me a wink. "Like butter."

I closed my eyes covering my face with my hands. "You didn't just say that."

"Oh but I did." He grinned.