chapter four: the town that dreaded sundown || edited

the serpents gathered around the cafeteria table, all squeezing in trying to get a glimpse of the video that some psychotic northsiders decided to post. it was things like this that really made isabella question who the troublesome kids are. she couldn't believe some teenagers were actually threatening a serial killer. it's crazy.

having enough of the video, she looked up just in time to see jughead walking towards them.

"hey," he greeted, furrowing his brows before nodding towards the laptop. "i'm guessing we aren't watching funny cat videos."

isabella smirked lightly, laying her head on the palm of her hand. "oh it's the funniest video i have seen in a while."

"check this out." a sweetpea interrupts turning the laptop in front of him towards jughead so he can see the screen. "some sick-in-the-head northsider posted a crazy-ass video and we were just talking."

"you and fangs were just talking pea," isabella corrected, making her boyfriend glance down at her with a look.

"about what?"

"fogarty wants to earn his serpent stripes." sweetpea turns to the dark skinned teenager beside him, patting his shoulder, "i say bring us the head of that northsider and you're in."

"i'm down with that." fogarty smirked, cracking his knuckles as he looked jones straight in the eyes. sweetpea laughs in excitement, banging his fist on the table only causes the group of serpents to get riled up with him.

"no! guys don't!" jughead quickly exclaimed, scared for his best friend's life.

isabella rolled her, looking up from her nails with an annoyed look. she raised a brow in jughead's direction. "and why not?"

"because he's a milquetoast. a football player. it's kind of a lame target is all i'm saying." he shrugged nonchalantly but from the nervous twitch his hand was doing, isabella knew it was so much more. he knows the guy. "you wanna prove something? why don't you go after the black hood."

sweetpea snorted, "and why would we do that? the black hood is targeting northsider who do nothing but blame the southside for everything that's wrong with this town and we're sick of it! the black hood is doing our work for us. he's a hero!"

isabella rolled her eyes, smacking sweetpea in the head softly. he let out a hiss of pain, turning to isabella only to be met with her pointed look. "he's not a hero by any means but like sweetpea said he's not hurting anyone from the southside. we want nothing to do with him and him with us. maybe the northsiders shouldn't be doing what got them killed. i mean isn't that what you guys tell us?"

not waiting for a response out of the dark haired teenager, both sweetpea and isabella gathered their stuff and stood up. sweetpea interlocked his hand with hers, moving the two out of the cafeteria and into the hallway. he led them to a mostly empty hallway, wrapping his arms around isabella's waist as he leaned against the wall.

"so i was thinking-" .

"damn you can do that?" isabella interjected, a teasing smile on her face.

"haha," sweetpea mocked, bringing his hand up to pinch her side playfully. the brunette squealed quietly in his arms, feeling giddy as she grinned up at her boyfriend and wrapped her arms around his neck. he smiled back, feeling his stomach knotting up at the sounds of her giggles. she didn't giggle often but when she did, sweetpea lived for the sound. it was music to his ears.

"what were you thinking baby?" she nudged him with her shoulder.

"well i was thinking that maybe i can take you out tonight. just the two of us. we haven't been out since jughead's arrival."