chapter six: when a stranger calls | edited

the sound of isabella's phone ringing loudly throughout the room shook the brunette awake. blinking slowly, she reached out, her hand smacking against her night stand until her fingers found her phone.

"who is it?" sweetpea mumbled half asleep as he shifted over to get closer to isabella.

she checked the caller id, her eyes taking some time to adjust to the light before the name was clear in her vision. she furrowed her eyebrows before turning her head to face her boyfriend. "it's fangs."

"why is he calling you at four in the morning?" sweetpea raised a brow as he quickly sat up so his back was against the bed board. grabbing the phone, he answered and put the call on speaker before motioning for isabella to speak.

"fogarty? it's four in the fucking morning, why are you calling me?" she answered, her voice rough.

"isabella, is sweetpea with you?" fangs questioned, the level of concern in his voice, worrying her.

sweetpea and isabella shared a look. "i'm here fangs."

"oh thank god." the tan skin teenager let out a sigh of relief. "the cops were just at the trailer park. they picked up some serpents and were looking for you. something about a fight and a knife."

"those fucking northsider." sweetpea scoffed quietly. he couldn't believe they went to the cops about the fight. they were just as involved in this as they were.

"tallboy needs isabella at the whiteworm pronto."

the brunette groaned, "but it's four in the fucking morning."

"i know is, but you're a fixer. tallboy needs all hands on deck to get the serpents out of jail."

"fine," she grumbled, pulling herself out of bed. "i'll be there in twenty." she said before reaching over and hanging up the phone.

__

isabella had her head buried in her arm, her subconscious drifting off as sweetpea and fogarty explained their plans to the serpents at the table. the rusted old benches they were sitting on, leaving a small imprint on her forehead and cheek.

feeling someone shaking her awake, she licked her lips, lifting her head slowly to glare at the person. from behind them, she could see jones coming out of southside high and walking towards them.

"nice article your girlfriend's mom wrote," sweetpea spoke loudly, catching jughead's attention as stood up from his hunched position.

"yeah, i saw that." jughead nodding his head, stopping in front of the table. "dilton doiley said he was stabbed when a bunch of you guys jumped him." the judgment in his voice making all the serpents roll their eyes. of course he would believe that.

"idiot stabbed himself." fogarty corrected, averting his gaze from the plans in front of him to the raven haired teenager. "with his own knife." isabella snorted, finding it pretty funny. what kind of person brings a knife they don't even know how to use in a fight.

"and we didn't jump him," sweetpea corrected. "there was a fight. bulldogs versus serpents and you see this?" he points to his bruising right eye and isabella frowned. she hated seeing sweetpea hurt. hell she hated seeing anyone she loved hurt. "your boy andrews gave it to me. just before his girlfriend shot a gun into the air."

jughead's eyes widened, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "what happened?"

the two teens ignored him. "and of course, northsiders get off scot-free and the rest of us are hauled in by the police."

"it's payback time."

"what are you guys talking about?" jughead walked up to the table peaking at the papers in front of fangs and sweetpea. his mouth dropping as he realized what they wanted to do. he shook his head. "is that a pipe bomb?"