Chapter Fourteen: The Wicked and the Divine Part II

"We all got the eviction notices, but I swear to you, no one is going anywhere. But the heat's been on us since Pickens Day and they're using that damn statue as an excuse to turn it up." Fp was on the stage of the Whyte Wyrm addressing all the Serpents in the room. I sat crisscross on the pool table with Sweetpea beside me and Jughead and Toni in front. "But if we're gonna fix this, I gotta ask: Is anyone in this room responsible for cutting off Pickens' head?"

"Why don't you ask your son what he has to say?" Tallboy said walking forward, the serpents around him making way for him to passed. The bitterness in his tone of voice impossible not to notice as he spoke about Jughead.

"What is your problem with me, Tall Boy?" Jughead exclaimed crossing his arms done with all the bitching Tallboy been doing.

"You wrote the article that started this mess. You and your posse fired the opening shot at Pickens Day." Tallboy declared angrily getting the attention of the other adult serpents. I stood up straight but still didn't stand up unlike Sweetpea, Toni, and Jughead who all did.

"It was a peaceful protest, Turncoat." Toni rebudled with just as much anger. I narrowed my eyes at Tallboy, what's his angle?

"That accomplished nothing. So what's to say that you and your boyfriend didn't go back that night with a ladder and hacksaw."

This time I rolled my eyes, playing with the ball in my hand. "You're not five years old Tallboy, it's time you stop acting like it and sitting here pointing fingers at each other is not helping anyone." I spoke not bothering to look up. The fights between those two are getting so insufferable that I can't even enjoy it anymore.

"Hey! We didn't do it." Jughead yelled marching over to Tallboy pointing his finger in his face. He narrowed his eyes at his, a venomous tone coming out as he spoke. "Hell, Tall Boy, you're the tallest guy in this room. You wouldn't even need a ladder."

"Jughead, Tall Boy, the last thing we need right now is to turn on each other." Fp interrupted them, grabbing Jughead by the collar of his shirt. "Hey We'll find a way out of this."

Jughead pushed Fp's hands away and stormed out of the bar. I swear this guy is more dramatic than half the girls I know. I stepped down from the pool table and stood beside Toni.

"The more he does that, the less effect it seems to have." I stated nonchalantly not really caring. Sweetpea shrugged his shoulders and Toni chuckled.

Toni got swept away from some people giving me an apologetic look, I just waved her off. I felt arms wrap themselves around my waist and pull me back into a hard chest. Turning myself in his arms, I laid my head on the crook on his neck taking long deep breaths.

"You good." Sweetpea asked into my hair, tightening his grip. My eyelids started to get heavy as I shook my head.

"I'm tired," I murmured into his skin, snuggling more into him. He placed a soft kiss in against my hair making me smile.

"Come on, let's get you something to drink." Sweetpea took my hand in his and started walking to the bar, me in tow behind him.

He pulled out a stool for me and then one for himself before ordering some drinks for the both of us. We drank, talked, and laughed until night hit and went home.

.......................................................

I met up with Jughead outside of the Whyte Wyrm per his request.

"What's up ragamuffin," I said as I approach him. He rolled his eyes at the name I called him but held up a paper that was in his hands. I furrowed my eyebrows confused.