Chapter Eleven: The Blackboard Jungle

Jughead, Toni, and I were sitting on the steps in front of the door of Southside High. Two motorcycles filled the empty courtyard along with a couple of old burgundy benches. Toni had Jughead's manuscript in her hand flipping through pages occasionally reading some of the words he written down. She passed the paper to me and I skimmed through the pages.

"Wow, Jones. Props to you. It's very Lovecraftian, which I'm sure was the intention." Toni sweeps a piece of hair out of her face, looking at Jughead, while I analysed the manuscript. "But I gotta ask you, did you write this on a typewriter?"

"I Yeah." Jughead stutters a bit before continuing. "I wanted to get into Lovecraft's headspace."

I snorted. "So, it wasn't like Betty bought you a manual typewriter for Christmas or anything weird like that?" I cocked my head to the side giving him a teasing smirk.

"No comment" Jughead said, taking the paper out of my hands.

The doors behind us suddenly opened with a harsh kick. Turning my head to the side, I saw Sweetpea and Fangs cheering in delight. They playfully hit each other on the chest before stopping in front of us. I stood up, giving them a weird look.

"What's going on?" Jughead asked, standing on the stairs

"This hellhole is officially closed! We're done! No more Southside High!" Sweetpea said point to the old tagged up building that had students exiting her. Fangs and Sweetpea cheered some more.

"Finally," I said, throwing my hands up in air. Toni gave me a look causing me to stop.

"What! How?" She exclaimed.

"They say it's dangerous and gonna be quarantined. Who cares? We're all going to different schools." Sweetpea says grabbing my arm and pulling me into his arms.

"Wait, this doesn't make sense. Where are you guys going?" Jughead looked at Sweetpea waiting an answer. I smirk knowing, he isn't going to like what Sweetpea says next.

"Same as you and you." He gestures to Toni and Jughead. "And Fangs and Isabella." He softly punched Fangs in the chest. "We're going to Riverdale HIgh."

Fangs smiled punching Sweetpea back in the arm and ruffling up my hair. I shoot him a glare and ran my hands through my hair to tame it again. Freakin Fogarty. Jughead and Toni gave the boys a look of disbelief. Knowing what was going to happen next I got out of Sweetpea's arms and stood behind Toni.

"Think of all those Northside heads to knock." He said to Fangs.

They playfully through punches at each other mimicking what will happen to those Northsider. Rolling my eyes, a small smile plays on my face. Why am I friends with these people, again? They walked off the happiest I ever seen one of them at school.

I turned to face Jughead, my eyes narrowing at him. "So Jones, how do you feel? You're going to Riverdale high again!" Jughead glared at me before walking off.