Chapter 41st

Alright don't kill me I know it's been a while but it's here right?! Enjoy a not-so-good chapter

Chapter 41st

It took a second for the people to process what happened and the mayhem to start. The fire started from an explosion right in the middle of the Hall, above the students heads. Everyone started shuffling around, looking for their friends and trying to save their arses. Scorpius had a strong grip on my arm and used his heigh advantage to look around for a possible suspect, something I couldn't do. I just saw blurs of suits and colorful dresses but even with my unprivileged view I saw it.

Right in the middle of the fire was two boys. For once the Weasley red hair was not sticking out but blending in. Brian's dark skin contrasted with the red flames, as opposite to Hugo's pale one. I couldn't make out their faces but they had their coats in their hands trying desperately to put out the fire surrounding them. I tried to run to their aid but Scorp's grip stopped me.

"What do you think you're doing?!" He shouted over our peers screams of panic. I pointed at my brother and he saw what I was trying to do. "You can't go inside the fire, you'll burn yourself"

"I have to try! He's my brother" I shouted back. It's a good thing my boyfriend knew me because there would be no use arguing with me. He let go of my arm only to hold my hand instead and, together, we made a beeline across the bodies rushing to the opposite direction of where we were going.

One of the bodies we ran into was Albus and Justin who had their wands out conjuring water to stop the fire. They saw us and, upon making eye contact with me, Albus realized someone was in danger. The two of them directed the students out of our way and I finally reached Hugo.

"Rose, wait-!" I jumped in the flames and wrapped my arms around my little brother.

"Rosie what are you-" He broke into coughs "-doing?"

"Don't talk, you need to save oxygen." I threw my mask to the side, lifted the rem of my dress and pulled out my wand that was strapped to my leg. "Aguamenti"

Scorpius and Albus threw water at the flames from the outside and Justin followed me into the fire. He threw Brian - who was barely conscious by then - over his shoulder and looked at me.

"What are you waiting for? Get out!" He shouted before jumping out as quickly as he had jumped in.

"Can you walk?" I said into Hugo's ear. He nodded but as soon as he tried to move his leg he collapsed. There was a big scorch mark on his calf.

"Scorpius! Albus! I need help!" I shouted but then started coughing. I was running out of oxygen. The two 18 year olds stepped inside the already dimming flames, answering my pleas. Scorpius got Hugo, since he was stronger, and Albus threw my arm over his shoulders and helped me walk away from the fire.

The teachers and older students who had their wands on them were casting charms to put out the fire. The Great Hall was, somehow, cleaning the air from the smoke, most of the decorations were ruined. The members of Phoenix were helping with the fire too, with the exception of Thomas Mars who was attending to his daughter and some other students who were injured.

Albus brought me to Nick, Karen, Roxy and Lauren who were huddled in the corner of the Entrance Chamber.

"Where are the boys?" I asked, still using Albus as a support.

"Cam is helping the injured students, Gabe, Alec and Justin ran in to help, we were looking for you and Scorp." Nikki said, concern written all over her face.

"Scorp and Justin are at the Hospital Wing, they were taking Hugh and Brian there." Albus caught them up.

"Hugo and Brian are at the Hospital Wing? Are they okay?" A desperate Lily appeared out of nowhere. "Merlin, I knew it would end badly" She murmured and tried to set off running but Al stopped her.