Chapter 36th - Camping Trip

What I have to say for myself is, I may have taken a month and a half but at least it's here and it's kind of huge. I'll write more by the end of the chapter. Enjoy.  BTW we have lovely Justin Goyle in the side bar :)     

Chapter 36th

  The days passed slowly in the Weasley’s House as I waited for my dear friends and boyfriend to arrive from their vacations. Afternoons were spent with a book or television (my house is very muggle-ly because of my grandparents and occasional neighbors). Grandparents received various visits and even my parents couldn’t stand my moping any longer.

The day Albus arrived was almost worthy of celebration but he couldn’t dedicate all of his time for me because his girlfriend arrived shortly afterwards and they wanted time alone for… stuff.

One at a time my friends returned to England and by the last week of July almost everyone was home. Almost being the key word. Scorpius was the last one to get back and god did I suffer, but when he did arrive we all had plans. He had barely unpacked and he was packing again.

“I think I got everything”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m pretty sure, how about you Red?”

“Of course! I even got extra everything and precaution kits for bears, bugs, sharks, lions-“

Lions? You got precaution kit for lions? Rose we are going to the beach, not the South African savanna!”

“Better safe than sorry” I gave Scorpius a toothy grin and a peck on the lips. “Get your stuff, we agreed to meet at Al’s and we better get going.”

“Sure, let me get my wand”

“No wands.”

“Then how are we gonna… wait, we are walking there?”

“We bloody well are! It’s two blocks over!” He groaned and got both my and his stuff.

“How did you even fit all that junk into your backpack? It’s so small.”

“Undetectable extension charm”

“Of course.” He shook his head with laughter and before we noticed, we were standing at the doorstep of the Potter’s (well duh, it’s not even 20 steps).

My parents and brother were sitting at the Potter’s living room with Uncle Harry, Aunt Ginny and Lily. The house seemed odd without James but I guess we had to get used to it now that he’s living close to work, which means, not here.

“’Ello Rosie, Albus and the rest are in the garden. Hi Scorpius.”

“Hello everyone, thanks Uncle Harry, we’ll go meet them.” Scorp muttered his hellos and was at my tail in no time. He still couldn’t get completely comfortable around the adults, especially Uncle Harry and Dad.

Almost everyone was there already, sitting in somewhat of a circle in the grass with all of his or her bags in the middle. Lauren saw us first and jumped to her feet to come and greet us with a hug. Ever since James left and they broke up she’s been kind of lonely so we were hopping this little camping trip to the beach would cheer her up.

“Morning everyone” A flood of hi’s and hey’s and morning’s came and Albus walked up to us.

“Took you long enough”

“Sorry mate, Rosie here was making sure she got everything, including her lion precaution kit” Scorpius said pointedly.

“Lion precaution kit? Seriously Rose?”