Chapter 18th

Chapter 18th

Scorpius’ Point of View

“You know, if you keep on avoiding her she’ll start to get suspicious.”

“That’s where you’re mistaken Justin, she’s already suspicious” We were walking down the pathway to the quidditch pitch for practice.

‘”And what will you do?”

“Confront Sally.”

“Remember me again what is taking you so long to do this.”

“I was looking for the right thing to say, I can’t just come up to her and start accusing, it’s not polite.”

“Someday your manners will end up biting you in the back. But it’s not my place to tell you what to do, it’s your relationship that is at stake here.”

“I’ll do it tonight”

“Good for you because it’s getting worse.”

“What do you mean?” He shrugged and jogged to the changing rooms. “I’m screwed,” I said to no one in particular. Roger Bullstrode, who happened to be passing by, heard and said something that sounded like ‘Last time I heard, Weasley was the one who was screwed.’ And that pissed me off. I grabbed him by his robes and gave him my most threatening Malfoy look. “What did you said?” I growled.

“N-nothing” Not so brave anymore, are we Bullstrode?

“I’ve heard you. Who told you?”

“No one!” He tried looking for an escape but he was trapped in my hands.

“TELL ME!”

“SALLY!” He said finally and my grip loosened a bit. “It was Sally Zabini. She told me.” He freed himself and fled away from mean Malfoy, scared like a little girl. I was going after Sally right now but the team captain, Gus, dragged me to the changing room. During practice I basically played with my anger as a motivation. I knocked a couple of teammates off their brooms but I couldn’t care less.

********************************************************

I walked fast with long steps and a fierce look on my face that screamed Danger. I found her with her friends in the corridor. I took her arm without saying a single word and pulled her to an empty corridor.

“Let go of me Scorpius, you’re hurting me.” I looked at her with a cold look.

“I don’t care. You are ruining me!”

“What? Scorpius, I don’t know wha-“

“Don’t try to give me excuses. I KNOW that it was you who started that rumor about me. You did it to destroy Rose and have her breaking up with me.”

“It wasn’t me!”

“DON’T LIE TO ME! BULLSTRODE TOLD ME IT WAS YOU! HE SAID YOU TOLD HIM ROSE AND I-“

“Shagged? Why deny the truth Malfoy? I know it happened on Valentine’s Day.”

“How?” I whispered weakly. She looked smug and crossed her arms in front of her chest. She brought her lips close to my ear.

“Next time you are going to tell your friend a secret I’d better watch out for who’s standing besides you, someone might hear it and tell their sister about it.” She walked back to her friends, smirk on the face, hands on the hip. Just before the end of the corridor she turned around “Oh, and it wasn’t me who started it, I just continued.” Then she left.

I’m really, really, REALLY screwed.

********************************************************

Rose’s Point of View

Do you know what I hate? I hate how just when everything starts making sense again dear Murphy comes and screws it all over one more time. Scorpius and I hadn’t had a proper conversation since Valentine’s Day – that’s over a month ago –, in fact, every time I try to talk to talk to him he darts out. You don’t have to be a genius to see that he’s avoiding me. James, Dom, Fred and even Michel keep on acting weird, people stare and whisper to each other when I pass by and every time I enter a room all conversation seems to die. And no one will tell me a single thing!

I groan in frustration closing the book in front of me. I slide a bit down the chair and look at the passing students outside the library. I see Roxy near by but she doesn’t seem to notice me. After a while Gabe also appears, he catches my eye, blushes and look the other way. We haven’t been talking lately; last I heard of him was when he broke up with McLaggen and only told Cam about it. He’s never around and is obviously hiding something.

“You look awful, you know that?” I looked up to the brunette standing behind me.

“Well thank you Nikki, that makes me feel so much better.”

“You’re welcome Miss Sarcasm, that’s what I’m here for.” She took the sit next to me. “Why the long face?”

“Apparently everybody knows something I don’t” She made an ‘oh’ sound and I turned to her. “You don’t happen to know what is, do you”

“Erm… no?”

“You do know!”

“Keep quiet, will you? That dinosaur will kick us out of here.”

“I don’t give a damn about Madame Pince. I want to know what the bloody hell is going on!” I said lowering my voice a bit; don’t want to be the top on the ancient librarian dark list.

“Look, Rose, you’re my best friend and I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Stop with the bullshit Finnigan, What. Is. Going. On?”

She looked around us and grabbed my hand. “Alright, but not here.” She half-dragged me out of the library and lead us to the 7th floor in front of the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy. She walked by the wall 3 times and a door appeared and we walked into the Room of Requirement. It had two comfy-looking armchairs and basically nothing else. “Are you sure about this? You do know we were only trying to protect to.”

“Nikki.”

“No, I mean it, you can still back down, you don’t want to listen to this Rose, it will ruin you.”

“Nik, you are starting to scare me, you are probably making this bigger then it is. Just tell me. It will like ripping a band-aid, the quicker the better.”

“What is a band-aid?”

“Forget it, just say it already”

“Rose, trust me, you will wish you hadn’t listened to this.” I gave her a stern look and she looked back with pleading eyes. “Please Rose, don’t make me do this.”

“I need to listen this Nik”

“Rose…” Her last plea and I held the look. She sighted and sat on one of the armchairs. She gestured for the other one. “You better sit.” I threw myself on the cushioned seat and waited for the bomb to drop.

will I or will I not let you, my dears, hanging on this clif for a long time? hehe

Hope you liked and, as always, a couple (or more) comments will make my day. I'll be having exams so I'll like a reason to brighten up!

What do you think is the rumor? How will Rose take it? And who started it?

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

xxTha