6th Chapter

Picture of Hugo

                6th Chapter

It was cold and snowing. I was at the Three Broomsticks having a butterbeer with my friends and Al’s girlfriend, Karen. It was sad that I couldn’t be with my… I don’t know what we are… It was sad that I couldn’t be with Scorpius, but if we were planning on keeping it a secret, we couldn’t go on a date.

Al and Scorpius had a lot in common so they were pretty much best friends now. Al was trying to talk the rest into giving him a chance, although very subtly.

I decided to pay attention at the conversation but it only made me depressed. Al was talking about how he was nervous about the apparition test he would be taking next week, I, of course, had succeeded in the classes but wouldn’t be allowed to take the test with Albus because my birthday was only in April, whilst his was in October (16th of October). Gabe and Nikki would also be taking their tests now since they were of age. Only Cam, Roxy and I would have to wait.

I looked at another table were Scorp was sitting with his Slytherin best friend, Justin Goyle, and Sally Zabini was also there (throwing herself at Scorpius, much to my dislike). Do you know what it’s funny? My dad always thought that my nemesis would be the son of his nemesis (quite ironic now, isn’t it?) but it turned out that my true nemesis is the daughter of my mother’s nemesis, Pansy Zabini (née Parkinson), and I’ve never hated her so much in my life like I do now. That’s what pisses me off about the secret relationship. And he doesn’t even shove her off!

After the Three Broomsticks we go through our normal Hogsmeade routine: Honeydukes, WWW (new branch), Hogsmeade bookshop, Honeydukes, Three Broomsticks, castle. Then we usually sleep or read or talk  (or the three together).

We were by the fire when a shy 1st year called Zoe said that there was someone at the ‘door’ calling for Albus. He went there and came back less then a minute later to drag me with him.

My I-don’t-know-what-to-call-this, aka Scorpius, was waiting.

“Okay, I’ll give you some privacy, I’ll go to the Hufflepuff common room to find Karen.” Then my cousin left.

“Rose is everything okay?” I melted under his stern and worried gaze. The way my name sounds when he says it, makes it sound like the best music in the world – fluffiness alert – and his eyes change color depending on what he feels, for instance, now is a light-but-heavy grey.

“Everything is fine, why?”

“You looked sad today”

“I just have a lot on my mind”

“Look, do you want to sneak out tonight? So we can ‘talk’?” Now his eyes lost the heaviness.

“Okay… Meet me here at 10”

“With pleasure” He gave me a peck on the lips and his signature smirk.

I went back inside feeling better and my friends were feeling curious. I told the, where Al was and went to my dorm… closely followed by Nikki.

“Who was out there?”

“What?”

“Don’t play the stupid game with me Weasley, I know that there is more to it then what you are telling us. And whatever it is, Albus knows.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about” She gave me a killing look – I shouldn’t have taught her that – and I gave up. “Okay, you’ll have to swear not to scream, have an attack, punch me or tell anyone.”