Chapter 40th

Greetings.

This chapter was supposed to be posted on April 19th as a birthday gift from me to you but shit happens and I'm posting it now. I think it's pretty good compared to my previous chapters so hopefully the wait was worth it.

Chapter 40th

“I need you to recruit volunteers, preferably prefects, to help you plan and organise the Halloween Ball.” Professor McGonagall said before we could even take our sits in front of her. She didn’t say hi or even looked at us as we came into her office. “Do you have any questions?” She only raised her head when she noticed the lack of movement from neither Scorp nor I.

“No, Professor, I guess Rose and I just thought these meetings would involve more conversation.”

“Eventually it will, Mr. Malfoy, but what is there to chit chat about now? The first month of classes tend to be quite uneventful. I’ve watched you two working and I know that you are doing a good job. Unless I was not informed of a occurrence, there is nothing worth waisting our time talking about.” With that she returned to her work and we left the room.

My parents told me that Albus Dumbledore was the greatest and most full of bullshit wizard Hogwarts has ever had as a headmaster. Minerva McGonagall had none of that bullshit. And she was definitely not one to beat around the bush.

“So, how do you wanna do this? Put up flyers asking for volunteers or what?” Scorp asked as we did our rounds.

“I think we should call a meeting with the prefects tomorrow and then ask for the volunteers.”

“Alrighty. Any thoughts on themes? I think we should do something epic that will show just how awesome we are.” The Halloween Ball was always where the Heads proved they were worthy of such position and, at the same time, that they were not boring nerds - like uncle Percy. A good ball meant good Heads, a disaster ball meant about-to-be-killed Heads.

“What do you have in mind?”

“Costumes.”

“That's tacky Scorp.”

“But it’s a muggle tradition!”

“Muggles dress up as some kind of fictional horrendous witches in Halloween.”

“You are missing the point. The costumes mean you can be anyone for one night. You don’t have to be Rose Weasley, daughter of Ron and Hermione Weasley, you can be anyone! You can be a slutty auror, or a slutty owl, or even a slutty pumpkin!”

“Don't you see what’s wrong in your speech?” He honestly didn’t. “This costume thing would transform an elegant ball into a slutfest because there isn’t a single female  costume that does not have a ‘slutty' on its name.”

“I don’t really see what the problem is but I get it. SO what is your idea Red?” I tried to come up with something but it was hard. The not-being-myself-for-a-night thing was really tempting but how does one achieve such a thing while maintaining the elegancy of a ball?

“I don’t know, I’ll think of something.”

********************************************************

When a woman says she’s going to ‘think of something’ she means she’s going to make her girlfriends think of something. I was no exception to that rule.

“I see what you mean by transforming the ball into a bitch show-”

“Slutfest” 

“Whatever, but what I’m saying is that it would be fun!”