4th Chapter

Picture of Albus

                      4th Chapter

I must thank Merlin for not being my week of patrol, the one that followed the disaster. I’ve been avoiding Malfoy for the whole week, and he’s been doing the same. I was so ashamed that I didn’t even stared at him anymore.

That night, after I’ve gone back to my dorm, I didn’t change into my pajamas, I simply stood there, on my bed, replaying his speech over and over in my head. After a while Roxy and Nikki went to find me, they asked what happened and why didn’t I came back to the ball. I just said that I wasn’t feeling so well and decided to go get some sleep. They, obviously, didn’t believe me, but didn’t push it either. I took the dress off and crawled into my pajamas and ‘slept’.

The weekend wasn’t much better. I went to breakfast very early or very late, did my homework in the common room instead of my usual place at the library and was never alone. Being with my friends provided some kind of shield.

Late Sunday I realized that I would have to face Malfoy during the prefects’ duty in the next evening.

“Shit” I cursed under my breath.

“What Mom would say if she heard you cursing? What a shame, Rosie” My brother mocked me from behind my chair in the common room.

“What do you want Hugo?”

“What makes you think I want something?”

“You only talk to me when you want something.” It was true.

When Hugo started his first year at the school he would always come to me for help. I liked it, made me feel important and needed, a responsible big sister. But it didn’t last long. Hugh quickly made new friends and got used to Hogwarts. He didn’t need me anymore, besides he had Lily. Nowadays he only came to me when he needed help with homework (almost never, he is almost as smart as I am, almost) or when he needed money.

“Well, I was going to ask for an advice but you’re the one who looks like need help. What’s happening Rose?”

“I have to patrol tomorrow with Malfoy. What advice do you need?”

“I thought you were okay in patrolling with him” He made a disgusted face. “I need help with a… girl” He said it low and his ears were turning the same color of his hair.

“You need help with a girl problem? I thought you were a master on the subject.” It pained me to admit that, like my younger cousin, my brother had a love life. This year, during the summer, he had grown taller than me and now, here and there, I heard girls talking about how cute and handsome he is. Apparently practicing so hard for quidditch haven’t done any bad either.

“Yeah, well, this one is different. She is pretty and smart. She wouldn’t go on a date with me.”

“Who is she? Is that cute Ravenclaw you were with at the ball?”

“Yes. Her name is Thais Pilnik, and the best is, her parents won’t know who Mom and Dad are! She is a muggle-born.”

“That’s great Hugh. When do you want to ask her out?”

“Next weekend. It’s a Hogsmeade weekend.” He explained.

“Well, just go to her and ask. Didn’t you ask her to the ball?”

“Hum… No.  Brian did it. He asked her if she wanted to go with a friend of his, so that he could ask her friend.”

“Oh… Just ask her then! Didn’t you ask girls out several times?”