19th Chapter - Rumor Revealed

sorry I didn't upload yesterday, but I'm uploading now instead of studying biology so yuppie! Also, this may be my last upload for a month, but I'll try to upload. At least I ended it in a pretty good way.

Anyway, good reading and I hope you like the song.

Chapter 19th – Rumor Revealed

I watched as Nikki continued talking but I was in total shock. I don’t want to believe, I can't believe it, or could I? All this time… could it all have been a lie? Was he only trying to… No, it can’t be true. It was all so perfect, so… dream-like. Was it just that? A dream?

My vision was getting blurry and Nik started to sound desperate, but I wasn’t listening anymore. Our whole time together flashed in my mind. The Halloween Ball, his confession, our first kiss, his Christmas present, New Year, Valentine’s Day and then… nothing. He’s been avoiding me since we…

Are they telling the truth? Was I really that blind? That naïve?

Now the tears that had being building up on my eyelids started streaming freely down my freckled pale face. Nik had guilt and failure written all over her now foggy face. She ran her hand through her dark hair and said a weak ‘I told you you wouldn’t like it”. She sighted and hid her face on her hands breathing a final sorry.

She stayed with me for a few more minutes, neither of us saying anything, and then she thought I needed to be alone and leaved the room. Once I was left to myself I broke in tears and sobs. The room produced a box full of tissues and I got myself together – sort of.

My head was a mess and so was my heart. Finally making a final decision I got up from my chair. With my face covered in dry tears and my eyes bloodshot, I left the room.

It was dark outside, I was in there for longer then I thought. The few students who were still in the corridor instead in the Great Hall having dinner stared as I passed but I had only one goal. Get to Scorpius.

Luckily – or not – I found him on his way to the Great Hall. He was with Justin and another roommate of his. His 1st reaction upon seeing me was to turn the other way but Justin, who noticed my deplorable condition, held him.

Scorpius tried to run again and silently asked Justin why he held him. Goyle signaled me with his eyes and my so-called-boyfriend finally looked at me. His eyes widened when he actually saw me and came running at me, trying to pull me to his chest but I backed away. Justin took the other guy’s sleeve and leaved the two of us alone.

“Rose, what happened?” He asked trying to meet my dodgy eyes.

“You know what happened.” I said simply but my words came out harder then I meant, my voice was hoarse from all the crying, I lifted my gaze and locked my eyes with his. He was obviously freaking out, he knew about the rumor. “You know what they have been saying. And you didn’t told me.”

“Rose, it’s not what you think.”

“THEN WHAT IS IT?” I half-shouted.

“You- you don’t believe it, do you?”’

“WHY SHOULDN’T I? YOU GAVE ME NO REASON TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE! Ever since we did it you’ve been avoiding me and why wouldn’t you? You got what you wanted” I laughed like a mad-woman. “Congratulations Malfoy! You’ve managed to shag a girl from each house, it was only Gryffindor missing and I was simply perfect for the job.” I looked deep in his eyes, his beautiful grey-blue eyes, the cynical laugher still echoing down the corridor. My eyes showed how hurt I felt. “You lied to me.” My voice was weak and barely audible. I was breaking inside. And the tears had broken out again. “And I can’t have a relationship based on lies.”

“Rose, please!” His tone matched mine and it showed as much pain as I felt.

“I can’t. I’m confused and don’t know what to believe in.”

Believe me” A single tear ran down his cheek.

“I’m sorry Scorpius.” I gulped and I knew my next words would break my heart into thousands tiny pieces. “I’m breaking up with you.”

Alrighty, don't hate me.

It's short but loaded huh? Right... As always

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

xxTha