Derek: Unexpected Visitor

(Previously: Derek saves Scott from hunters. He has two suspects on his list. He thinks the alpha or the hunters killed his sister Laura. He finds Belle in her werewolf form and helps Belle turn back into a human. Kristin comes to get Belle and they speak briefly before Belle hugs Derek who acts awkward in response. Derek tries to stop Kristin from going after Scott who was shifting on the field but she threatens to scream if Derek doesn’t let her go.)

I shouldn’t have tried to stop Kristin today but I literally couldn’t control myself. As soon as I saw her walking off the field after a shifting Scott my body took over completely. I even stuck around to make sure she was okay. I was also going to lecture her when she walked out to her car but decided it would be a waste of breath and time. Kristin does what she wants at least she used to and I doubt she has changed much in the last six years.
Time to focus!
Scott’s neighbourhood is almost as quiet as my half burnt down house that is located in the middle of the woods. All I can hear is barking dogs and there are only a few porch lights on. I guess everyone is out or they go to bed very early since it’s just after 7pm.
The front door to Scott’s house is unlocked and I listen carefully to see if Scott’s mother is home, but all I can hear is Scott talking to his friend Stiles at least I think that’s his name. I know it’s something ridiculous.

“What did you find out?” I hear Scott ask as I walk into the house and quietly close the door. I use my sense of hearing to locate Scott. He’s on the second floor, just past the stairs.
“Well it’s bad. Jacksons got a separated shoulder.” I can help but smirk slightly. I hated guys like Jackson in school, and six years later they are still the same cocky idiots who think that all high school girls want to date them and all the guys want to be them.
“Because of me?” Scott asks in shock and I can’t help but roll my eyes. What did Scott expect? He charged and Jackson got injured Scott’s lucky it’s only a separated shoulder.
“Because he’s a tool,” Stiles replies as I start walking up the stairs. There are a lot of baby photos of Scott as well as a few of Scott and his mother hanging on the wall, at least I’m assuming its Scott.
“Well is he going to play?” Scott asks as I reach the top of the stairs and I find Scott’s room easily. He’s talking to Stiles over webcam . . . Really? And they can’t talk in person because?
I walk a few steps into the room making sure to be quiet and Scott doesn’t even notice me at all. I wonder how long I can stand here before Scott realises he’s not alone.
One cat and dog, two cat and dog, three cat and dog . . .
“They don’t know yet, now they are just counting on you for Saturday,” Stiles replies and Scott sighs in frustration. Too bad that Scott isn’t playing in the game on Saturday. There’s no way Scott can play and not turn and try to kill everyone on the field. It happened today and it will happen again.
Four cat and dog, five cat and dog, six cat and dog . . .
“What?” Scott asks and I’m guessing Stiles can see me or see my outline in the background.
“It looks like what?” Scott asks after a slight pause.
“Come on damn it,” Scott starts hitting random keys and I roll my eyes. How does Scott not know I’m standing behind him? He should be able to sense me at the least.
“What?” Scott breathes and I hear him clicking on his mouse. He backs up in his chair and I know he has seen me on the computer. I pounce as Scott turns and the shock registers on his face as I fling him across the room and push him up against the wall.
“I saw you on the field!” I seethe as Scott’s heart beat races dramatically. I can practically smell the fear as Scott stammers and heaves.
“Wha . . . What are you talking about?” Scott asks in panic.
“You shifted in front of them! If they find out what you are, they find out about me, about all of us and then it’s not just the hunters after us . . . It’s everyone.” Scott is being careless and stupid and if he keeps it up, my kind will literally be hunted by everyone.
“They didn’t see anything I . . . I swear.”
The only reason they didn’t see anything is because all the attention was on Jackson. Scott got lucky.
“And they won’t because if you even try to play in that game on Saturday I’m going to kill you myself,” I threaten meaning every word before I use my speed and rush out of the house. I can’t let Scott reveal our secret. I’ve worked hard to keep the fact that I am a werewolf hidden, and I’m not going to let a sixteen year old teenage boy ruin it.