Derek: Officer Trouble

• Dedicated to To all my awesome readers <3

(Previously: Derek has a dream where he and Kristin are married and Kristin is pregnant. He recovers from the Alpha’s wound, and he and Kristin finally reunite and he explains the bond between them. Derek is worried about Kristin’s wound but relieved Kristin avoided infection again.)   

After being stuck on the couch for the past few days I needed to stretch my legs and run-really run. It was surprisingly easy to sneak out the back door undetected by Kristin’s new guard mutt, and I spent a good two hours running in the woods before I started to feel the moons pull.
Now I have to get back to Kristin’s because of the full moon tonight I know Argent will be out hunting as soon as the moon fully ascends in the sky. Plus Kristin might need some advice on how to handle Belle who will spend duration of the night locked in one of the cages on the basement level of her mother’s house. It sounds bad but it’s necessary.
Not all werewolf families live in the woods and they can’t risk one of their own getting free and killing everything and anything in sight. Besides the cages are only used until said werewolf gains enough control to fight the shift during a full moon.
Lucky for me I had lots of family and forest area to work with and it didn’t take me long to gain the skills and strength to fight the moons pull and hold over my body. It shouldn’t take Belle long either.
It’s easy to mauver over the fences until I reach Kristin’s backyard, although as I use my heightened sense of hearing I realise she isn’t alone. There’s another man in there and he sounds like the idiot that has spent most of his time parked out the front of Kristin’s house.
Why is he inside?
“You make great coffee,” he compliments as I stand behind the back door eavesdropping and resisting the urge to barge in there and kick him out as he sets the cup back on the small kitchen table.
“Thanks. So when is my Uncle going to stop over-reacting?” Kristin asks politely although I can hear the frustration lacing her voice as she tries to hide it.
“You think he is being irrational?”
“I know he is being irrational,” Kristine replies and I can feel just how uncomfortable she is by his presence.
“He just wants to keep you safe.”
“I can take care of myself.”
“I don’t doubt that,” he replies and there is a silent pause as I hear Kristin shift awkwardly in her seat.
Hurry up and leave already!
Make him leave.
I’m not going to get Kristin in trouble.
Fine have fun listening to him flirt with our girlfriend.
Just shut up.
“Oh come on am I really making you that uncomfortable?” he asks.
“I’ve had a long day,” Kristin replies and it’s not a complete lie.
“Does it have something to do with Tane? Your Uncle told me that you two dated before he left town.”
“No.”
“Derek?”
“Derek and I dated like a million years ago. I’ve barely seen him since he’s been back in town. Why would he bother coming here?” Kristin asks and sounds completely sincere although her uneven heart beat is giving her away.
“It’s better to be safe-”
“Than sorry, yeah I know the saying.”
“He went to the funeral, he is clearly harbouring some feelings.” It almost sounds like he is jealous.
“Or he was just paying his respects to my Grams who his family was very close with before the fire.” Kristin retorts and there is another silent pause afterwards.
Why can’t he take a hint?
“Are my questions bothering you?” He asks.
“No, you assuming incorrectly is bothering me.”
“You know I would be more effective if I was guarding from inside the house,” he replies and I hear the squeak as he shifts his chair closer to Kristin, and I feel the rage begin to surface.
My hands instantly form into fists as a low growl vibrates from my chest. I literally want to rip him into pieces and the only thing stopping me is Kristin. I focus on her heart beating as I grind my teeth, stoping my canines from extending into sharp points.
“As I said earlier. I can take care of myself,” Kristin dismisses him.
“They told me you were strong headed,” he snickers although keeps his close proximity and it’s getting harder to hold myself back.
The bond is new, I'm lacking control and it is pushing me to claim what’s mine but I fight back the urge knowing Kristin will kick him out soon. I just hope it happens before I lose control. It’s harder to tame the urges when it involves the bond and a full moon.
“Like I said. I’ve had a long day and you should probably get going Officer Reynolds,” Kristin keeps her words formal and he scoffs in response before he stands to his feet and pushes in his chair.
“If you need anything you know where I am,” he replies before he finally leaves the house and Kristin locks the front door, sighing in relief as I enter the backdoor and lock that behind me as well. You know just in case that stupid prick decides to try and sneak into the house and Kristin’s bed. Then I would have no choice but rip out his throat!
“Derek?” Kristin calls out and starts making her way through the lounge room and into the pathetically small kitchen, “How long have you been out there?” She asks as I try to stay calm, but I still want to hurt him.
It’s not helping that I can smell his scent all over the kitchen. It’s taunting me and making the urges harder to fight against. He is registering as a threat and I want . . . I Need to put him back in his place.
No I can’t.
“Derek what’s wrong?” Kristin asks concerned as she stands in front of me although I don’t reply. I have to calm myself down, but his scent is overwhelming and as I keep concentrating I realise his scent is also on Kristin.
The last thing I need it to murder a police officer, even if he is a complete douchebag. The cops are already after me. I can’t add fuel to the fire.
“Just forget about him.”
“I can smell him everywhere, he’s on you,” I reply through gritted teeth.
It’s getting harder to keep up the fight as my nails are itching to extend into sharp claws, and I feel the pain in my gums as I keep my canine teeth from transforming. I’ve heard about this aspect of the bond but didn’t expect the urges to be so strong.
I shouldn’t have bitten her. I shouldn’t have cemented the bond.
Learn to control it. You’ve done it once and you can do it again.
“I’ll take a shower and disinfect the kitchen. Will that help?” Kristin asks although I don’t answer but keep my focus, “Tell me what is happening? I want to understand?” Kristin is becoming frustrated. “Is it the bond? The full moon?"
“I’ll be alright,” I reply and take a seat at the table hoping I will be able fight fire with fire and gain back control of my body as I get used to his scent.
“You don’t look alight,” Kristin replies and I feel her arms wrap around my neck before her hands slide under my shirt and down my chest.
“Kristin you shouldn’t-”
“I don’t care,” she interrupts and sits on my lap facing me. If it weren’t for her injuries than I wouldn’t worry but I could accidentally hurt her. This can’t happen right now. I’d never be able to forgive myself.
If only Kristin could understand.
“Talk to me,” Kristin begs as she gently grips my face between her small hands.
Every breath I take, every time I smell his scent it feels as if someone is stabbing me in the chest and trying to force me to shift. I want to rip that guy apart with my bare hands or just use my teeth.
“It’s just the bond and full moon.”
“Well you don’t have to worry.”
“Why’s that?”
“He’s not my type. I prefer the dark and handsome brooding werewolf kind,” Kristin smirks and places a small kiss on my forehead. I feel the pain in my chest begin to diminish, and his scent starts to stop suffocating me.
Thank god.
“You forgot to add on the run from the police type,” I add. Part of me still knows that this is no life for Kristin. She deserves more than I can offer her.
“It’s only temporary,” Kristin’s forehead leans against mine, and the proximity seems to be easing the anguish. Her sweet scent over powering his.
“How can you be so sure?”
“Because you’re innocent,” Kristin kisses the tip of my nose and it’s taking all my energy not to react.
“I don’t think that matters.”
“You should come with me especially if you are just going to spend most of the night feeling sorry for yourself,” her hands travels to the back of my head before running through my black hair, sending me into a pure state of bliss.
“I have some business I have to take care of,” I somehow manage a reply.
“Do you have any tips for me?”
“One: stay out of reach of Belle’s claws,” I force myself back to reality. It’s about time I start the search for Scott.
“Noted,” Kristin replies before kissing me on the lips and moving from my lap onto her feet. Damn Belle and Scott! I’d much rather spend the night in even if it meant having to keep our clothes on.

Time for the search to begin, I groan inwardly as Kristin heads out the front door and I reluctantly stand to my feet before slipping out the back. If my instincts are correct, Scott will be in danger; not only of himself but also the Argents. Now I just have to find him, and I’m going to start with the woods painfully obvious but Scott won’t be thinking.
Ten minutes pass before I hear a commotion near the outskirts of the woods, and as I run to the scene I see Scott on top of a car in the parking lot of the sports store with his hand hoisted in the air ready to rip through the top of the vehicle.
Without a moment’s hesitation I run clearing the space between us in less than a second, and knock Scott off the car with a loud thud as we hit the ground. It’s easy to hoist him off the ground by the back of his jacket and I throw him through the trees hoping the woods will conceal us.
Here goes, my knees compress before I lunge and join Scott who is in his wolf form and no doubt out of his mind. Sure enough he charges although I easily dodge his attack and grab him.
“Scott stop it!” I try to talk some sense into him although he keeps fighting.
Looks like I’m going to have to do this the hard way. I push him away as I continue to dodge each attack and each swipe of his claws before I throw him to the ground and roar in his face hoping to snap him out of it.
Scott scurries back on his elbows and I shift back to my human form as the shock registers on Scott’s face.
“What’s happening to me?”
“Exactly what he wants to happen,” I reply. If I hadn’t caught Scott, he would’ve killed Alison and Jackson in that car and literally torn them to pieces.
The walk back to Scott’s seemed to take forever probably because of the long awkward silence. “Thanks,” Scott practically whispers as I help him to his bed, before turning my back and trying not to make the rush obvious.
“Wait,” I can hear the desperation in his voice and after holding in the sigh I turn on my heels.
“I can’t do this. I can’t be this and be with Alison. I need you to tell me the truth. Is there a cure?”
“For someone who is bitten, I’ve heard of one but I don’t know if it’s true,” I reply. Actually I’m pretty sure it’s just a stupid legend that some idiot made up but it’s the only way Scott will help me.
“Well what is it?”
“You have to kill the one that bit you.”
“Kill the alpha?” Scott asks shocked, and I nod in response as the hope diminishes completely replaced with uncertainty and fear.
“Scott if you help me find him. I’ll help you kill him,” I reply ignoring the guilt. It has to be me plus it won't work. I have to take back what belongs to my family but I can’t do it without Scott. After a slight pause Scott manages to gain composure and nods in response, and I turn my back and walk away.
I wonder if Kristin will still want me if she finds out the truth.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX