Kristin: Nothing Seems Right Anymore

(Previously: Tane returns and he and Kristin make up before she goes to Derek’s and gives him her condolences. Tina is also there and Kristin tells Tane about how Tina attacked her, and Tane cracks it at Tina.)

Last night was weird and not because I went to Derek’s house and saw Tina in his shirt, but because of Tane who has been acting even more different. I know he is super pissed about Tina nearly choking the life out of me but it’s more than that.
We spent the night sitting on the couch watching television, and barely speaking more than a few words to each other. Even though his arm stayed wrapped around me I still felt the distance between us.
Speaking of, it just keeps growing and growing ever since the night I told Tane I needed to think about the proposal. I just want everything to be normal between us again.
Of course Derek isn’t helping the situation. Tane says he believes me when I say I have no romantic feelings for Derek, but it is obvious Tane thinks I’m lying. I still can’t believe Derek is dumb enough to be with Tina. She is clearly insane, am I the only one that can see that? Men are stupid I feel like I’m better off giving up on them completely.
I’m never going to understand them and it seems that I’m the only loser lame enough to turn up to work early.
Just great. I roll my eyes as I lock my car and start heading towards the building. I have some time to kill since it seems the janitor is running late and I have no key to enter the building, time for some power walking around the school.
When did my life get so lame? Never mind I don’t even want to think about it.
As I continue my walk something catches my eye, the back door on the bus looks to be ripped open. Chills run up and down my spine as I take a small deep breath and approach the bus. There’s blood smeared all over the back as well as the windows.
Instantly my thoughts start racing. Did the alpha do this? The alpha that turned Scott? It’s the only option that makes any sense but why? Without thinking I peer into the bus and gasp at the scene before me. The blood is everywhere and all over the floor and the seats.
My eyes fall on the victim next, his unconscious body is down the other end of the bus and the panic starts to surge through me before I manage to shake it off. The worst part is not knowing what to do.
Do I go in and contaminate the crime scene or do I just call 911? What if he needs CPR?
Fuck it I’m going in besides I can do both. I check his pulse before I phone 911. He is still alive but his breathing is very shallow.
“Can you hear me are you okay?” I ask hoping for an answer although the bus is filled with eerie silence as I wait and hope for some response, even just a muscle twitch would give me some relief.
Five minutes pass before I hear the sirens and the next few moments feel like a complete blur. The paramedics arrive and shoo me out of the vehicle and I’m greeted by my Uncle who asks if I’m okay.
I nod before someone drapes a blanket over my shoulders and I lean against my Uncle’s car hoping the werewolf hasn’t claimed another victim. But as horrible as it sounds this guy is lucky, it looks like a mauling. If the alpha wanted to add another to his pack he would have left the victim with a single bite, not near death.
“Hey it’s going to be okay.” Tane’s voice snaps me out of my daze and he wraps his arms around me. Usually Tane’s touch and voice never fail to soothe my anguish, but this time I feel nothing from his touch as his lips press against my forehead and his arms stayed wrapped around me protectively.
“I know especially once I kill the alpha.” I reply and I know it’s not just my eyes that are distant, but my voice as well.
“Not alone you’re not, we can fight together.” Tane squeezes my hand reassuringly although I’m not convinced. Maybe in the past but not anymore, not when our communication is practically non-existent.
“You don’t think I can do it on my own?” I ask offended. I’m a good hunter, well I was a good hunter. In fact hunting is the only thing I’m skilled at.
How pathetic is that?
“You said yourself that hunters never hunt solo,” Tane points out which is true but I don’t have a choice. Chris doesn’t think I have what it takes anymore and I don’t need him anyway.
“Well maybe it’s time for a change.”
“Are you suicidal?” Tane tries not to yell. The last thing we need is someone overhearing werewolf talk. They will think we are crazy.
“No but right now it’s the only thing that makes any sense.”
“What are you talking about?” Tane asks confused.
I’m talking about the fact that we are basically worlds apart. I’m talking about the fact that my feelings for Derek aren’t gone like I want them to be. I’m talking about how everything is messed up. I’m talking about how I miss the way things were between us. I’m talking about how Phoebe might be your mate which means there is no future for us, there is something wrong with us.
“Nothing never mind.” I reply and Tane places another kiss on my forehead.
“You should go home and get cleaned up.” Tane suggests and I remember the blood that is still covering my hands.
“Yeah I probably should,” I reply and hand the blanket to Tane before I start heading for my car.
The alpha needs to be stopped, preferably before he adds more to his pack or kills a person. At least the victim is going to be okay, well that’s what the paramedics said. He just needs some rest.
Like I said earlier- he got off easy.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX