Belle: Bowling Night

(Previously: Belle and Isaac make up during lunch and Belle overhears a conversation between Lydia, Jackson, Scott and Alison who make plans to go bowling. Belle talks Zan and Isaac into going bowling as well and breaking the curfew. Belle says goodbye to her grams.)

It still doesn’t seem real- my Grams dying. Kristin and I spent the night at the hospital in her room although I couldn’t sleep no matter how hard I tried. My mother told me to take the day of school but the distraction was exactly what I needed besides I don’t think I want to be there when it happens, just the thought of seeing the life fade from her eyes is too much to handle.
I’m not strong like Kristin.
“Are you sure you want to do this?” Isaac asks as we sit in the section down the end of the busy Bowling Alley and tie up our shoes.
“Yes I need a break from the hospital,” I reply hoping this is the last time Isaac is going to ask. Three times already is beyond irritating and I might have to punch him if he asks me again. Not too hard of course I wouldn’t want to mess up that pretty face.
“Hospitals are so depressing,” Zan agrees as she quickly jumps to her feet and analyses the different bowling bowls.
Zan loves bowling, actually the word love doesn’t even come close to describing Zan’s appreciation for the sport. Don’t get me wrong I like to bowl but I don’t live and breathe for it like Zan who kicks our asses every time.
Isaac and I are good losers, we’re used to it.
“Very depressing, and I want to have fun so no more mention of it, promise?” I ask Isaac who nods in response.
“Fine no mention of it, not a word I promise.”
“Good.” I smile.
Ten minutes pass before Scott and his posse arrive. Scott spots me first and waves before they sit down the other end of the bowling alley while Jackson ignores me completely, but it’s not surprising at all. That’s how he acts when he is with Lydia.
“This is just ridiculous,” Isaac mutters under his breath before he rolls the bowling ball down the alley and gets a gutter ball. “I’m out,” he adds and tries to walk past me but I quickly grab his hand.
“We haven’t finished yet.”
“I actually thought you wanted to hang out with us and spend time together. God I’m so stupid.”
“I do Isaac which is why we are here.”
“And I suppose it’s just a coincidence that Jackson is here?”
“Yes it is now sit your butt down and wait your turn.” I lie, well I mean it’s not like I’m here for the reason Isaac is thinking. I want to see Scott kick Jackson’s butt is all.
Isaac should get some fun out of it as well. I mean he hates Jackson too.
“You really expect me to believe that?” Isaac asks.
“Yes I swear being with Jackson is literally the last thing on my mind right now,” which is the truth. He hasn’t even said anything to me about my Grams and even Scott and Stiles have given me their condolences.
In fact all I want to do to Jackson is punch him right in the face and break his perfect nose, and the thought is enough to make me smile.
“And you’re not here to spy on Scott?” Isaac asks as Zan takes a seat and waits patiently for me to have my turn. I still regret telling Isaac about my crush on Scott, he thinks I’m some pathetic love sick teenager now and has for the past couple of years.
“Nope so are you going to stay?”
Isaac looks between me and Jackson before he sighs in defeat, “Fine for some crazy reason I believe you.” He replies and takes a seat while I grab a ball and try to carefully aim it although I only manage to hit six pins, plus another two afterwards.
“Not bad,” Isaac smirks as he takes my place and I sit beside Zan.
“Please tell me you weren’t lying?” Zan speaks quietly.
“I’m not lying. I’m in no mood to even be near Jackson,” I reply as Jackson’s laughing echoes in the building.
Well that sucks it sounds like Scott is losing by a lot. “I’m sorry I’m just flashing back to the words I’m a great bowler,” Jackson finally manages to stop laughing.
“Maybe he’s just needs a little warm up.” Alison suggests.
“Yeah or maybe he just needs the kiddie bumpers.” Jackson replies and both he and Lydia start laughing again.
“I said earth to Belle,” Zan’s voice demands my attention and I stop focussing on Scott and Jackson. ”It’s your turn,” Zan adds.
I forgot how quick Zan is.
The rest of the game went well. Zan won, and Isaac and I were pretty much a tie, we didn’t completely suck but we definitely lack skill went it comes to bowling. It’s so much easier playing it on the Wii. “I’ll meet you out there.” Zan replies as she throws the damp paper towel into the bin and leaves the ladies room.
Did I mention that Scott also picked up his game getting strike after strike. It was the best thing ever knowing that Jackson was literally squirming in his seat. “Hey.” I hear Jackson’s voice as I finish applying my lip balm.
“Are you crazy?” I ask as the door closes behind Jackson.
“I was just going to say hello,” he smirks and I roll my eyes. There’s no way I’m getting in a stall with him. Alison and Lydia could walk in any minute now and I’m pretty sure they will notice the two sets of feet in the one stall.
“Well hi and bye, you need to leave now this is the ladies bathroom,” I reply unimpressed with Jackson’s behaviour. A janitor’s closet is one thing but a public women’s bathroom is just asking for trouble.
“Oh come on, Lydia won’t notice for at least ten minutes,” Jackson takes a step closer and I take a step back.
“And what are we meant to do for the other eight minutes?” It’s my turn to smirk while Jackson looks completely offended and majorly pissed off.
Me= 1.
Jackson=0.
“Someone’s in a mood tonight.” Jackson snaps clearly offended by my comment.
“Well I’m definitely not in the mood for you.”
“So what you think you’re too good for me now? Are you into freaks now? If so you and Isaac are perfect for each other.” Jackson scoffs and chuckles.
“I’m just not into douche bags anymore.” I shrug.
“Whatever like I care. I’ve done my bit of charity. You’re welcome by the way.” Jackson replies before he leaves the room.
Well that went well. I don’t know why I put up with Jackson for so long. It started out as nothing more than revenge and taking something of Lydia’s, and then I guess I just couldn’t believe that the most popular guy in school wanted me.
Isaac is right though I’m better than that. I’m better than meaningless flings with Jackson. In fact I’m done, really done this time. I know I’ve said it before but everything is so much clearer now. Life is too short to waste doing stupid things with stupid people.
“Good riddance.” I smile at my reflection before I leave the room and bump into Scott who is leaving the men’s room.
Well I guess this is a sign, time to finish tying up my loose ends.
“Hey how are you doing? How’s your Grandma? Wait that’s a stupid question I’m sorry.” Scott apologises- his chocolate brown eyes full of concern.
“I’m fine and my Grams is still here for now.”
“Well that’s great and I meant what I said this morning, if there is anything I can do let me know.”
Here goes . . .
“Well actually there is something. I’m really trying to let go of things and I guess I just need some space for a while, distance from you.”
The only way I’m going to get over Scott is if I get some distance from him, and I really do want to get over Scott. I’m sick of feeling jealous every time I see him and Alison together and I’m sick of pining after him when he only sees me as a friend.
Talk about friend zoned!
“I don’t understand what you mean.” Scott asks, his face full of confusion.
“I mean I can’t be friends with you at the moment. I need space to get over you Scott, I’m happy that you are happy with Alison but I can’t be your friend right now. I’m sorry but I need to do this.”
“So what we are just meant to pretend the other doesn’t exist when we see each other in class and at our lockers? That’s crazy Belle I don’t want to lose you. We’ve been friends for six years. We can work this out another way, just tell me what to do.”
“It’s not going to be forever Scott, just until I’m over you besides we haven’t been hanging out much lately you probably won’t even notice.”
“Belle-” Scott starts.
“I’ll see you around Scott.” I reply before I walk away and meet back with Zan and Isaac who are waiting patiently by the exit.
“We’re going back to your house now right? Because I so can’t get grounded, they will take away my car and then my life will be over,” Zan sighs dramatically and both Isaac and I chuckle slightly.
“Yes we are, and I’m thinking Ice-cream sundaes heavy on the chocolate sauce.” I reply as my mouth begins to water at the thought.
As hard as it was to make the decision to distance myself from Scott completely I feel relieved. Like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, and of course it helps that I have finally told Jackson where to stick it.
In fact maybe I should be a nun, and then I will have no boy troubles at all. I like the sound of that.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX