Belle: Bad Dream And Nightmare Reality

(Previously: Belle helps after Derek is shot with a wolfsbane bullet and she and Kristin have a fight but make up. Belle attends her Grams funeral and goes to the wake. Belle says goodbye to her father and brother and is worried they will hate her if they find out the truth about what she is. Belle visits Derek and asks for advice about guy. She is finally starting to think that Isaac may have romantic feelings for her and she thinks she might be feeling them too.)

"Isaac?" I call out into the darkness. It's just after 10pm and I'm in the middle of the woods, close to where I encountered the Alpha on the night Scott was bitten. Isaac sent me a text asking me to meet him out here and said he had a surprise for me.
Couldn't it have been somewhere safer and not out in the middle of the god damn cursed woods. At least I think they are cursed and also creepy but I couldn't refuse him especially at the mention of a surprise.
Maybe he is going to tell me how he really feels assuming I'm right and that Isaac is harbouring romantic feelings for me. I could be wrong though. Guys are hard to understand or maybe I'm just clueless.
Snap . . .
The noise echoes all around me but I can't pin point the direction it originated from. I'm hoping it's Isaac although I have a terrible feeling in my gut that it's the Alpha, maybe he is here to finish the job and kill me.
Oh god Isaac is out here! Without hesitating I start running and use my heightened sense of hearing to try and pin point Isaac's location while the heavy footsteps are gaining on my position. The Alpha is getting closer with each step that I take.
If only I could find Isaac. I could draw the Alpha away from him. Where the hell are you Isaac? Give me something, anything.
PLEASE!
It doesn't matter how fast I run, the Alpha is right behind me taunting me. I can hear his claws swiping behind me and catching on the back of my jacket. It's no use. It's only been a few minutes and my legs are already close to crumbling beneath me.
Running is useless. I have to fight don't I? At least try and get away.
The squeal is involuntary as someone grabs my arm and pulls me behind a tree before slapping their hand across my mouth. At first I think it's the Alpha but the hand is human and the confusion instantly begins to grow.
Pulling me behind a tree isn't going to stop the Alpha.
Oh god it's Isaac.
"Isaac?" my voice is muffled behind his hand.
"Why were you running?" He asks and moves his hand from my mouth. How the hell do I explain this and better yet where the hell is the Alpha? He was right behind me just seconds ago. Is this part of his game?
"We have to get out of here." I reply as I try to get my breath back to a regular pace but the panic still has control over my entire body.
Isaac's blue eyes are full of confusion and he steps out from behind the tree and searches the surroundings which is when I feel the panic duplicate itself. The Alpha is going to attack Isaac and there's nothing I can do. My body is refusing to move.
No, no, no, no . . . No!
"Isaac!" I yell although nothing happens.
There's no attack. Isaac is perfectly fine and still in one piece but why?
"What?"
After taking a deep breath the shock begins to loosen its hold on me and I'm able to step out of hiding. The Alpha is literally nowhere to be seen and as I listen all I can hear is small animals along with some deer roaming nearby.
What kind of game is that monster playing?
"I . . . I thought I heard something," I stammer.
"You're kind of cute when you are scared," Isaac chuckles to himself although I don't find the situation humorous in the slightest. Of course Isaac has no idea how close we came to being turned into minced meat.
If things go my way then he will never find out.
"I'm not scared," I lie and cross my arms over my chest and it's not a complete lie. The fear is leaving my body and I feel like I can breathe again, but I don't plan on sticking around just in case the Alpha changes him mind.
There's no way I can fight him off on my own. He's like three times my size not to mention he looks like something out of a horror movie and all I look like is a human with a hairy face and sharp teeth and claws.
I'm not nearly as scary or intimidating.
"You're also a really bad liar." Isaac teases.
"I am not!"
"Well you have nothing to worry about now that I'm here," he smirks cockily and I can't help but roll my eyes. I'm the one with the claws after all and Isaac has never been in a fight in his entire life. At least that's what I've been told.
Isaac would freak out if the Alpha were to show himself, of course I'd only get to feel the satisfaction for a few seconds before the Alpha ripped us apart.
"Oh really?" I scoff.
"Yes really oh wait a second you have something in your hair," Isaac replies before he grabs a thin broken twig from my hair. His hand lingers in front of mine as he shows me the piece of evidence and throws it to the ground.
It's not until I look back at Isaac that I realise how close we are standing together and my heart begins to race in response.
Wait Isaac said he had a surprise for me, "You said you had a surprise?" I manage to say as I focus on his blue eyes and try to avoid staring at his lips. It's the first time I'm noticing just how curvy they are and how full and plump his bottom lip is.
No I can't be distracted. I have to focus on our surroundings.
"Well I know it's a bit early but I thought we could go to the dance together. You know if you want to?" Isaac's face is full of doubt and he almost looks like a confused puppy dog, you know when they tilt their head to the side.
How can I resist that?
Does this mean he likes me more than a friend?
"Sounds like fun," I smile as the excitement starts to send butterflies roaming free in my stomach. Scott who?
"Really?" Isaac asks surprised although I don't blame him. I've been so focussed on Scott it's kind of sad and pathetic.
I'm the biggest idiot on the planet.
"Yes really," I reply and Isaac begins to inch his face closer to mine. This is it. In fact I'm classifying this as my first kiss. The one with Scott doesn't count at least not to me. I might have stood a chance if Alison hadn't come to town but it doesn't matter, not anymore.
Scott will always be a special person in my life but we are like Chloe and Clark from Smallville which Kristin was almost obsessed with. We'll always be friends but that's all. It's kind of sad just how alike Chloe and I are and yes I know I'm comparing myself to a fictional character but if the shoe fits.
His lips are just seconds from touchdown and I can feel his hot breath on my face which causes the butterflies to turn savage, but I somehow manage to clear them out with my thoughts as my eyes close in anticipation.
There's a loud howl and my head instantly shifts in the direction of the sound. It's not a small howl either. I can literally feel the vibrations and Isaac sighs in frustration. Damn it! He is going to think I don't want to kiss him, he doesn't have the heightened hearing.
"Isaac I-"
"No it's okay. I get it, your still not over Scott," Isaac replies before he literally vanishes before my eyes.
What the hell?