Derek: Tasers Are Not Fun

(Previously: Argents and his fellow hunters warn Derek at the gas station and break Derek’s car window before driving away. Derek goes to the hospital to question Myers but is interrupted when Belle drags him to her Grams room and peer pressures Kristin into kissing him. Derek makes it to Myers who knows his name but when Derek question Myers he doesn’t reply. Scott drops by and accuses Derek of killing Myers and his sister and Derek tells Scott that Laura was killed and used as bait to get to Derek and they get into a fight where Derek tells Scott that the alpha bit him. Kristin’s Gram passes and Derek drops by but leaves when Tane gets back. Derek is tracking the alpha and is shot by Kate and has to rely on Scott, Stiles and Belle for help. When Kristin arrives he finds out that she was in the hunting business.)

I’ve always hated Kate, ever since my family were burnt alive in the house fire and she skipped town, but I didn’t think she would be trying to kill me the night of her arrival. The alpha was my target and I was so close until Kate decided to shoot me with a wolfsbane bullet. The worst part was having to run to Scott. Actually I take that back. It’s the second worse when I compare it to learning the truth about Kristin. Out of all the professions she chose to be a hunter, just the thought alone is causing my hands to tense into fists.
Although I will admit that I may have been too harsh after the wake. Kristin is dealing with a lot. Her Gram’s death and her break up with Tane but I couldn’t stop the words from leaving my mouth. All I want for Kristin is a normal life with a normal human boyfriend and no hunting. The alpha almost killed her once and next time he’s not going to fail and I’m not going to be there to save her.
Why can’t I think about anything else?
Snap out of it! My wolf orders me as I stand on the roof of the video store with Scott. There’s people gathered around the crime scene and being pushed back by the police as the medics attend to Lydia, Kristin and Jackson. The alpha attacked and killed its third victim, first my sister followed by Myers and now this clerk but why is it targeting people? Better yet what is its link to me? Why did it kill Laura to lure me to town?
“I want to go home!” Jackson’s screams tear me away from my thoughts.  God he is a spoilt brat. If I was the Sherriff I would’ve knocked Jackson on his ass at the very least. I guess the town is lucky I’m not the Sherriff.
Oh please no one likes you enough to give you that much power. My wolf snickers. He is right of course. I did beat Cory to a bloody pulp in high school and helped fuel the negative rumours that surrounded me.
“Come on it’s your turn,” I hear a medic call out to Kristin who is standing on the sidewalk. The anger is practically rolling off of her in waves, and I know she is going to be out in the woods the next chance she gets hunting the alpha.
During high school I used to think it was trouble that followed Kristin around maybe bad luck, but I’m realising that half of her problem is chasing after trouble. I’m not saying that Kristin asked for Julian to attack her all those years ago or that she asked be kidnapped by Alyssa but hunting werewolves is literally the dumbest thing she can be doing right now or ever for that matter.
“I’m fine, it’s just a bump on the head and a few bruised ribs,” Kristin waves off her injuries as if they are minor scratches but I can hear the pain in her voice as she tries to hide it.
That’s another question to add to my growing list. Why didn’t the Alpha kill Kristin or Jackson?
“Start moving right now Kristin. You need to get looked at,” her uncle the Sherriff orders and Kristin sighs in frustration practically stamping her feet.
Typical. I guess people never really change.
“I told you already,” Kristin begins talking but is interrupted when her uncle pokes her in the ribs and a yelp escapes before Kristin starts cursing.
“You’ve obviously have a couple of broken ribs, now go!”
“A little warning would be nice,” Kristin practically hisses before she starts making her way to the ambulance where Lydia and Jackson are waiting.
Even when she isn’t hunting the Alpha it manages to find her. How am I meant to succeed in protecting her now?
Kristin isn’t our problem, and hasn’t been for a long time. My wolf reminds me although it’s not that simple and he knows it too.
“You know I saw you staring at Kristin at the funeral,” Scott starts and I know exactly where this is heading.
Really, we are going to talk about this now?!
“I don’t stare at people. She was just near the tree I was fixating on,” I shrug as I try to keep my eyes away from Kristin who is getting into the back of the ambulance.
Liar! My wolf laughs.
“Really because I remember you two dating before you moved away all those years ago,” Scott says it like the news is a secret and I can’t help but roll my eyes. It doesn’t matter how I feel because I’m pretty sure Kristin hates me plus I’m keeping my distance for a reason.
The people I care about aren’t safe around me and I will never forgive myself if anything happens to Kristin because of me.
Excuses excuses! My wolf practically rolls his eyes and of course I ignore him, it’s our thing.
“That was practically another life time ago Scott besides we have something more important to focus on right now. You know the Alpha killing people for example,” I snap.
“Kristin is amazing. I get why you chose her,” Scott continues practically ignoring me all together and I can’t help but sigh in frustration.
Romance is the very last thing on my checklist. It’s not on my checklist at all but killing the alpha is.
“She is strong and caring just like Alison-” Scott starts again and I’m almost tempted to jump off the roof and escape.
“It sounds like you’re the one that has a thing for Kristin,” I interrupt and fight off the jealousy as it tries to creep up on me but Scott is far too young for Kristin’s tastes.
“Not anymore,” Scott smiles like a love sick puppy dog and I know he is thinking about Alison although the smile fades as he focuses on the crowd below us. Finally he is paying attention again.
“Are you starting to get it?” I ask.
“I get that he is killing people but I don’t get why. I mean this isn’t standard practice right? We don’t go out in the middle of the night murdering everyone do we?” Scott asks as he leans over the edge of the building.
“No we’re predators. We don’t have to be killers,” not all of us kill for fun or for the hunt.
“Then why is he a killer?”
“That’s what we are going to find out,” I reply as I start walking back the way I came.