Derek: Captured

(Previously: Peter and Derek head to the school and visit Scott, and Peter threatens Alison’s life is Scott doesn’t join his pack. Derek tells Kristin who the Alpha is and tries to get Kristin to leave town but she won’t. Peter and Derek go to Kristin’s the next morning and Peter tests Derek by threatening to give Kristin the bite, but leaves before bitting her and Kristin tells Derek to get out. Derek lures Jackson to the Hale house where he is going to kill him- Derek doesn’t have a choice although Scott interrupts followed by the hunters who capture Derek.)

I’m back in the woods and it’s the middle of the night. I can hear the nocturnal animals frolicking, and smell the scent of the trees being carried by the slight wind. Even the fresh scent of the river is being mixed in with the many scents of animals and shrubbery. It’s almost relaxing until I remember the attack from the hunters.
“DEREK please help me! Derek, Derek . . . Derek!” I hear Kristin’s screams echoing around me and the panic sets in instantly. The moon’s glow is barely shedding any light on the scene and I switch to my night vision.
“Kristin?” I yell and start trying to follow her voice although it’s impossible. I start heading for the East, but then the scream echoes from the West and I have to switch directions. I’m getting nowhere.
This is useless!
I feel someone grab my arm and as I turn and face them I realise it’s Peter. What the hell is he doing here?
“Leave her.” Peter demands with his authority.
That’s not going to happen.
“Let me go.” I reply and shift my nails into claws as a warning although Peter just smirks in response and I have to resist the urge to swipe it off his face. He killed Laura and I’m not going to let him be responsible for Kristin’s death. I’m not going to let her die.
“Is that an order?” Peter asks and I feel his claws dig into my arm and pierce the skin. The fresh scent of blood lingers in the air between us, and even though my chances of survival aren’t high I have to try and fight him.
Here goes nothing. I forcefully get my arm free from his grip and ignore the pain as his claws slice up my arm.
“Derek please Derek!” Kristin’s screams are growing weaker and I shift without hesitation. It’s time Peter pays for his crime.
Rip out the bastard’s heart!
Isn’t that a bit too much?
Nah he deserves it.
Without wasting any time I make the first move and strike him in the face although Peter just laughs. I can’t let him shift. He’s too strong as it is already. I’ll have no chance if he’s able to change forms.
“Kristin hit harder than that. Is that all you’ve got?” Peter asks and I can hear the disappointment in his voice.
“I’m just getting started.” I pounce and knock Peter to the ground and begin my assault; viciously using my claws to attack although I barely get started before Peter easily shoves me off and I literally fly through the air and collide with a tree.
Thump. Damn it I don’t have time for this!
I quickly stand to my feet and bolt through the trees. I’m going to find Kristin and get her out of here before Peter has the chance to hurt her.
“Running away already? You’re no fun.” I hear Peter call out but I don’t stop moving. I can’t stop moving.
“Kristin?!” I yell, “Come one Kristin where are you?”
“Derek please hurry.” Her voice stops bouncing around the place and I’m finally able to pin point her position. I should’ve known she’s by the old bridge.
God I’m a dumbass.
Yes, yes you are.
Seconds pass before I arrive at the bridge, and my eyes widen in shock as I see Peter standing behind Kristin with his hand around her throat . . . Again. Kristin is never going to be safe. Peter is going to keep using her as leverage.
“Let her go Peter.” I take a step forward but his nail cuts into her skin and I stop moving completely as Kristin shrieks, her eyes wide in fear.
“Kristin is just going to get in our way Derek plus she is one of them.”
“Kristin doesn’t deserve to die!” I shout as the tears start forming in her eyes. No . . . Kristin please doesn’t cry it’s not the end.
It can’t be.
“They all deserve to die!” Peter’s eyes turn sinister before his claws scrape across her throat. It all starts happening in slow motion. Peter lets go of her as the life starts fading from her eyes, and I rush towards her only just catching her body before it can collide with the dirt floor.
The blood is assaulting my senses and as I look up at Peter he just shrugs.
“You bastard,” I rush to my feet and attack although I fall right through him and onto the damp ground as the tears start becoming impossible to hold back.