Kristin: Morning After

(Previously: Kristin has a few broken ribs from the Alpha and a bump on the head. She gets a visit from Tane who says goodbye and tells her he is leaving town, in response Kristin decides to go hunting and ends up at the old bridge where Derek finds her. Things get heated and they start making out.)

“I should go,” I break the silence as I move out of Derek’s arms and stand to my feet - gathering my clothes. I carefully dress myself as the pain starts to surface again. Damn my stupid ribs and that asshole Alpha. It’s going to take 4-8 weeks for my ribs to heal fully but I don’t plan on ditching hunting for that long.
The Alpha will have killed half the town in that amount of time and turned the other half, besides the pain will become tolerable and then die down completely. I’m not going to let the Alpha knock me down a third time.
Not in this lifetime.
“Wait . . . Come back,” Derek sits up on the couch, his naked body half covered by the thin blanket. As much as I want to keep dressing myself my will vanishes completely as my gaze falls on his bare chest which is glistening under the moonlight.
Damn it I’m doomed! I drop my pants and shirt before complying with his request. All I want is my lips on Derek’s as his hands roam my body and slide along my skin. He has gotten  much better with him hands.
It makes me wonder how much practice he has had with other Brooklyn girls, and just the thought is enough to spark my jealousy. Not that I have the right to be jealous. It’s not like I’ve spent the last six years completely alone.
“I get that you have more stamina than us normal humans but you can’t really be up for another round already not after that marathon,” I speak softly as I sit by Derek’s side, dressed in just my leopard print bra and matching underwear. I feel like I’ve only just caught my breath again.
Plus I’m dying of thirst and the pain in my ribs is growing louder and demanding to be heard. The more I try to ignore it, the louder it insists on being.
“Why are you in such a hurry?” Derek asks and braces my hips before pulling me closer to him. He makes it look completely effortless, as if I weight as little as a small feather and I know I don’t.
I can’t help but be envious of his strength. If I was as strong as Derek I would have been able to knock the Alpha on his ass instead of being knocked around like a freaking pathetic ragdoll.
“What are we doing?” I answer by asking him a question of my own. One night stands are so last year. Okay maybe the year before that but I wasn’t going out every weekend, only every now and again when the physical workouts got boring and I needed to blow off more steam.
Don’t judge me okay. I went from hunting every night to being stuck at home and it took me a while to adjust to the slow lifestyle, and part of that adjusting was being physical in another way.
“Do you want to be here?” Derek asks and I hold in the sigh of frustration.
Why can’t he just answer my question without asking another question?
You did the exact same thing.
“Do you?” I ask. Wow I think we should just stop trying to communicate, we ain’t getting anywhere and I’m not helping the situation.
Derek doesn’t reply in words but starts kissing my bare shoulder and moving along my collarbone, leaving the good kind of goose bumps behind and I can’t help but savour the tingling sensation.
I guess I can’t complain with that answer, but is it an answer or is Derek just being impatient and wanting to go again?
“I never forgot about you or stopped caring,” Derek speaks softly as he pulls my face closer to his, “I just want you to have a normal life.”
“My life is never going to be normal Derek. My mother and sister are werewolves and my brother and father are hunters. Normal isn’t an option.”
Not if I want to stay apart of their lives, and leaving any of them behind isn’t an option. They’re my family.
Just because I don’t believe in “the one” it doesn’t mean that I don’t believe in true love. Not that I would ever admit that to anyone . . . EVER. I’ve tried to get over Derek but I can’t shake him from my heart.
Oh god did I really just say that? Bucket please.
“I just want you to be happy,” Derek cups my face in his hands. So much for my oath and for this being our last time.
“I haven’t been happy since you left me,” I can't control my words.
“Neither have I,” Derek replies and inches his face closer to mine and it starts again. There’s no way I’m leaving now.