Chapter 12

Sorry this chapter took a little while. Was having a bit of writer's block. Also, updates might be coming slower starting next week. School's starting up and an education comes first. That way one day instead of on the computer, you could read my works in an actual book. Enjoy! Comment and Vote!!!~Writergirlsoccer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamie stayed distant for a while. After an hour Morgan went back to sleep. Jamie was still thinking about Robert's reaction to Morgan's dream. She was sitting on the roof, looking out into the sleeping neighborhood. She kept wondering if Robert had a connection to Morgan's dream in a way.

"Hey." Jamie looked over at Robert. He sat down next to her. He yawned. "Aren't you tired?"

"Nope." Jamie said. She looked back out on the neighbor hood.

"It's peaceful up here." Robert said.

"When you don't talk it's better." Jamie teased.

"True." He said.

They sat there. The street lamps were starting to turn off as the sun started to rise. Birds flew by, making their way south before winter came. No one was up and everything was so peaceful. Everything felt safe and perfect.

Robert knew better though. No matter how much he tried to hide it. He knew the past was coming back to haunt him. He wanted to prevent it from happening. But if he did, Jamie and Morgan would never forgive him. Jamie was the most important thing to him.

Jamie yawned. "I just love the sunrise." She said, her voice and eyes sleepy.

Robert put his arm around her and she leaned her head on his shoulder. They looked at the rising sun. "It's beautiful." Robert said in amazement.

"You're talking like you've never seen the sun rise before." Jamie said.

"I haven't." Robert said, his face falling at the memories.

Jamie wanted to ask why, but she knew it was depressing him. She took his free hand and intertwined it with her's. She smiled up at him.

"Then I'm glad we get to share your first sun rise together." She said.

His smile returned and they turned back at the rising sun. After a few minutes, Robert noticed Jamie wasn't responding to him. He looked at her. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was soft and even. She was fast asleep. He picked her up and floated down through the roof until they were back in Morgan's room.

Morgan was lying on her bed. She had a text book and a note book in front of her. "Where were you guys?" She asked.

"Went to go watch the sun rise." Robert said. "Jamie fell asleep."

"I see that." Morgan said pointing at the sleeping Jamie.

"Right." Robert said.

He knelt down by the beanbag. When he tried to put her down, she grunted. He brought her close to him and she smiled. He sat down and held her on his lap.

"Why are you holding her?" Morgan asked.

"She kept grunting when I tried to put her down." Robert said. "Do you know why she did that?"

"She probably just like you holding her." Morgan said. When she realized what she said she cover her mouth.

"Likes me holding her?" Robert asked. Was she faking the nightmares the whole time just so I could hold her? Robert thought. He saw how nervous Morgan looked. "Morgan, is there something I should know?"

Yeah, Jamie has a huge crush on her and guess what, you're her first crush. Morgan thought sarcastically, even if it was true. "Nope. Jamie just doesn't like things changing. She likes even one thing, she's hooked."

"Why?" Robert asked.

"She just never liked it when things changed. She liked it when things stayed the same. She was always afraid of the outcome." Morgan explained. "She almost locked herself to the elementary school so she wouldn't have to go to middle school. She also once stayed in an old tree until the branch she was on fell."

"She's really stubborn." Robert said.

"When you brake your arm just to save an old tree that you grew up climbing, it's not stubbornness. More like determination." Morgan said.

"She was really determined to come back here." Robert thought aloud.

"Now I get to have my best friend back forever." Morgan said happily.

                                                                              ***

Jamie was walking down her street. She turned and walked onto the front yard of an old house. She's seen it before. It was the, supposedly, 'Haunted House of Thorne Avenue'. As Jamie came closer to the house, the house seemed to look newer. 

She walked into a small playhouse. There were thirteen full candles and one nearly full candle. The thirteenth and almost complete candle were made of black wax. The flames of the candles turned from yellow to blue.

She heard a child's scream. She ran out of the playhouse and saw a young child in a pool of blood. She looked up and saw an old, frail woman with a gun. Jamie rushed to the side of the young girl. The old woman vanished. The young girl reached out to Jamie. Jamie took her hand.

"This belongs to you Jane." The girl said as she placed something in Jamie's hand. The girl then died.

Jamie opened up her hand. When she saw what it was she looked at the girl in surprise. Sh closed her hand. She looked around the yard. There was a shovel and a flower garden. Jamie dug a grave. She placed the girl in it. She then placed flowers over the the grave.

"Rest in peace young one." Jamie whispered. "Thank you."