Chapter 16

Morgan's life flashed before her eyes. Jamie kept her eyes strictly on the car. She tried to grab Morgan's hand and turn her into a spirit form as well. But there was no time. What felt like hours was truly only seconds. The car came closer...

It came to an abrupt stop, the bumper touching Jamie's nose. The head lights turned off and the door opened. A man came out. He had a large over coat on and long, shaggy gray hair. He came near the girls.

"Are you two alright?" The mysterious man asked.

Morgan's eyes were still glued shut. Jamie's eyes were wide with fear, but not with what had just happened. She didn't know what it was, but something about the man reminded her of someone that she thinks she knows.

The man went to shake Jamie, since she was the closest, out of her trance. Before he could touch her, Robert ran and knelt near Jamie. He saw the fear in her eyes and pulled her close. Not even a minute and Robert already hates the man.

"What is your problem?" Robert yelled as he turned to face the man. Robert went white.

The man smiled, he was amused by Robert's expression. "I've never been good at driving anything. These cars are one of the most difficult."

Morgan finally opened her eyes. She found what the man said strange, he looked young, mid forties perhaps, but he spoke as if he was much older. Jamie wanted to get a look at the man that had caused all of Robert's warmth to drain. Her face was against Robert's chest as he held her closer. She could feel his body tense.

"Morgan!" Ross yelled as he finally came.

Ross took one look at the scene and guessed what had happened. He knelt near Morgan and wrapped his arms around her.

"Let go of me." Morgan said coldly. Ross ignored her, he didn't want to let go. "Ross!" Morgan yelled in a muffled voice as he turned her head into his chest.

Jamie pushed out of Robert's arms. Without even realizing what she was doing, she pried Ross's arms off of Morgan. In the process he fell on his back on the hard street. Jamie made a mistake, Ross had seen her face.

"What the heck is your problem? First you be all sweet to her then you let some other girl kiss you in front of Morgan? Did your I.Q. decrease in a year that you didn't have enough sense? I mean you've known Morgan your whole life, you try to step up the relationship and you just hurt her? You're heart breaking days stop now. And you better pray that I don't make your life a living nightmare! You understand Ross!" Jamie yelled.

Ross looked at her with fear. He didn't know what was more frightening; Jamie being back from the dead or her yelling? "J-j-Jamie?" He stuttered.

"Darn right it's Jamie! I ought to knock the lights out of you now." Jamie yelled holding up her fist.

"B-but y-you're... d-dead." Ross stuttered again.

"No stinking kidding I'm dead!" Jamie yelled. She then registered everything she's done in her fit of rage. "Crud."

Robert came next to her, his face now angry. "I know, I know. I'm an idiot and I've probably have gotten myself in more trouble then ever. But I can't help it when I vent out like that." Jamie apologized.

"It's not you I'm mad at, well not just you." Robert said. "I'm pretty much mad at everyone."

"S-so y-you two are... g-ghosts?" Ross stuttered.

"We prefer the term spirits. But yes." Jamie said, her face still guilty.

"H-how?" Ross asked.

"This isn't the time." Robert said. He turned on his heels and looked at the man in the eyes. "What were you doing here?" He asked through gritted teeth at the man.