Chapter 1

Morgan's bus stopped. Morgan walked off and started walking home. She always liked taking the long way home. It gave her more time to think.

"Yo Morgan." Yelled Ross as he caught up to her.

"Hey Ross." Morgan said.

Ross was an old friend of Morgan's. He had a crush on Jamie before she died. Morgan has had a crush on Ross since kindergarten. He was tall, strong, and the quarterback on the high school football team.

"Why so sad?" He asked.

"You know why." She said sadly.

Ross put his arm around Morgan. "I know. I miss her too." He said softly. They walked like that the rest of the mile and a half to Morgan's house.

Morgan unlocked the front door of her house. "Want to hang out?" Morgan asked.

"Sure." Ross said.

Morgan and Ross walked into the house. The lights were off. Ross turned them on.

"Surprise!" Morgan's eyes grew wide. All her friends were there along with her parents.

"Happy birthday Morgan." Ross said as he hugged her. "Let the party begin."

After a few hours of dancing, eating, and watching Morgan's favorite movie, 'The Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl', Morgan was opening presents.

"Okay, this next one is from me." Said Janice.

Morgan unwrapped the paper. She opened the box. She held up a white strapless dress. "I love it. Thank you Janice."

"I knew you would." Janice said.

"Ross, you still need to give Morgan a present." Courtnay said.

"My gift to Morgan is still shipping." Ross defended.

"Sure. It's not like you forgot or anything." Jonah said sarcastically.

"I didn't forget." Ross said.

"Sure." Sarcastically said Jonah.

"Time for cake." Exclaimed Morgan's mother.

The group moved from the living room floor to the dining room. They all gathered around the table. Morgan's mother set the vanilla cake in front of Morgan. She lit the candles and everyone sang happy birthday.

"Make a wish Morgan." Ross said.

"Why? I know it won't come true." Morgan said.

"What is it?" Asked Landon.

"For Jamie to come back." Morgan said softly.

She then broke into tears and ran upstairs into her bedroom. She locked the door. She lit a few candles and put on one of Jamie's favorite songs, 'If I Die Young' by the Band Perry. She looked at some old photos of her and Jamie.

Morgan and Jamie were inseparable. They were practically sisters. Morgan missed Jamie with all her heart. Jamie was always there for her and the one time when Jamie needed her the most, she wasn't there.

Morgan paused the song and placed her hands against each other. She bowed her head and prayed. "Dear Lord, please bring Jamie back. I miss her so much. I would be eternally grateful if you brought her back. Please, please, please."