Chapter 18

It was five in the morning and Jamie, Morgan, Robert, and Ross were on the hill in the graveyard. Robert sat on the bench with Jamie's head on his lap. She had strangely been awake before the others. Robert suspected that she awoken from nightmares about the movie Morgan and her were watching. Jamie was lying down on the bench drifting to and from sleep.

Morgan was sitting near the bench. She had her knees to her chest and rubbed her arms trying to warm her body from the freezing October air. Ross was sitting a bit farther away from the others. He had been given the cold shoulder by everyone. The only person who spoke to him was Robert, but he spoke to Ross coldly. Ross didn't have a clue why Robert was acting so harshly to him.

Robert smiled down at Jamie's pale, sleeping face as he stroked her hair. Two tall, dark figures walked up the hill to the four teenagers. It was Nick and Perry. They wore long, black coats. Perry smiled at the four teenagers. Nick scanned each one of them.

"I'm guessing you're all about fourteen?" Nick guessed.

"Yes?" Morgan said. She, along with Jamie and Ross, had no idea why they were there.

"I've always been good at guessing age. I remember when I was fourteen. I once-" Nick started reminisce.

"Get to the point Nick." Robert said coldly. His sudden happy mood quickly vanished when Nick arrived.

"You have no patience, do you?" Nick asked, annoyed at Robert's rudeness.

"I am patient. I just don't like to tolerate you." Robert answered.

Nick rolled his eyes. "You've always hated me haven't you? Don't you even remember all the nice things I've done for you?"

Robert almost laughed at that comment. "Nice things? Everything you call nice I call a burden."

"You're just like your father aren't you?" Nick asked.

Robert's body tensed. His fist clenched and his amused look turned into a threatening scowl. Before he could say anything, Jamie took his hand. He looked down at her. Her eyes showed just how tired she was but she kept her face hard. She mouthed the words 'stay calm'. He nodded. Jamie sat up next to Robert, still holding his hand.

"You mention my father again, I will just show you how much I can be like him." Robert threatened Nick.

"I see. Same old Robert. You'd think over three centuries you'd change." Nick said as he shook his head.

"You'd think a man of your age would be even the least it mature. Sorry I had missed you're six hundredth and eighty second birthday." Robert said sarcastically.

Nick opened his mouth to say another insult. Jamie spoke before he could. "Can you two just get to the point?"

"Right." Nick said, his voice now turning serious. "Have you ever heard of the 'Elementalist Prophecy'?"

"No." Jamie, Morgan and Ros said in unison.

"In the prophecy it states that four mortals were born with a magical powers. Each of the four has special roles and powers. It speaks of a chosen one, a sacrifice, the sacrfice's protector, and the chosen one's protector. They're is a fifth member who is to train the four.

"They are to stop The Malevolent One from returning and seizing control of the Earth. Each member has a special job. If they don't learn how to use their powers and stop The Malevolent One, the Earth and anyone from it are to be trapped in The Malevolent One's dark world." Nick explained.

"You believe we're the four in the prophecy?" Morgan asked.

"Yes. You show characteristics of your ancestors." Nick answered.