Chapter 22

Sorry ittook a while for me to update. I've been having a lot of problems with my foot and have been having to go to doctor's and stuff. Plus I have been having writer's block. I'm going to try to make at the most 8 more chapters. I need to finish this story before the Watty Awards deadline so it'll be entered. Also, if you have any suggestions for songs and/or pictures for the chapters please comment and give me your suggestion. I have been having a bit of a hard time with it so it'll really help. Comment and Vote!~Writergirlsoccer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert carried Jamie back into her room. He felt more cursed than ever. Nick called me gifted. My 'family' called me a demon. I call myself cursed. I can't even kiss the girl I most desire. Why was I the one to be cursed? Why did I have to meet Nick that cursed day? Why did that have to make my 'family' always right about me? Robert thought as he was carrying Jamie.

Jamie snuggled up closer to him. Robert felt a little better. He didn't want to let her go. He felt horrible. I really am every last thing my 'family' has ever called me. Demon, monster, beast, unnatural, cursed... Robert thought.Jamie grunted in her sleep. She had been hearing Robert's thoughts and didn't like them.

"She's right you know." Robert looked up and saw Nick. They were just behind the house, a few feet from the back door that Nick was leaning on before he walked towards them.

"What do you mean?" Robert asked suspiciously.

Nick was now in front of them. A smile spread across his face. "Her thoughts. Like I, she heard your thoughts. Now she's thinking that everything you just called yourself is wrong."

"But it's true." Robert said.

"Since the day I met you, you've thought your powers were a curse because you were different. You were always different even before you found out about your powers." Nick said.

"That's why my 'family' hated me." Robert said.

"Not all of them." Nick reminded.

Robert's voice grew cold. "You even mention that man I'll kill you right now."

"Nathaniel is your father." Nick was growing annoyed.

"Father? That man was no father to me. He wasn't there for anything, he only cared about my brothers and mother, and he certainly didn't care about anything I have ever done." Robert yelled.

"That doesn't mean he didn't care about you." Nick said.

"Care about me? The day he cares about me is the day you die." Robert was still yelling.

"Then consider me dead because he has and always will love and care about you."

"If he did I wouldn't have died at fourteen. If he cared he wouldn't have acted as if I wasn't alive. He would have been there when I was put under this curse!"

"You think he wanted to be around you? He had to spend all that time with your brothers to keep them from hurting you more than they already have. He wasn't there because he knew that you needed to meet me so everything can turn out right in the world!" Nick yelled.

"That's not the curse I'm talking about. Not the one I was given by you." Robert said in a low tone. "I'll be inside."

Robert walked past Nick and into the house. He felt so many emotions. Anger, despair, betrayal, and monstrous. He felt something quivering in his hands. He looked down at Jamie. Her eyes were wide open and filled with, what Robert thought, fear.