Chapter 2

"Morgan, I miss you two." Jamie whispered.

"Jamie, it's been a year. You have to stop grieving." Robert said from being her.

"I just wish she could. It's her birthday and she's still crying." Jamie said sadly.

"So are you." Robert's voice softened as he looked at her sad face. "Come on, let's go back to my place."

Jamie waved her handover the Seeing Bowl. The image of Morgan disappeared. The Seeing Bowl is used to show the dead any living person they wish. Robert held his hand out for Jamie. She took it and they walked to Robert's house.

Jamie sat on Robert's couch. Robert went into the kitchen. The two of them often hung out at each other's houses.

"Do you want a snack?" Robert asked.

"Grapes pleas." Jamie said.

Robert walked over and sat next to Jamie on the couch. He handed her a bowl of grapes. A tear started to fall off of Jamie's cheek. Robert wiped it away.

"I never thought after a year someone would still be crying in Heaven." Robert said.

"I would be crying a lot more if it wasn't for you." Jamie said.

"I didn't do much." He said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"You're my only friend here. You're the only one who was able to help me and get me to smile." She said.

"Well I guess I am one of the youngest ones here, so I get you better."

"Young?" Jamie laughed. "You lived during the eighteenth century."

"Well I am around you're age and am probably the most compatible with you. That and I'm the only one who'll put up with you."

Robert had been comforting Jamie since the day she died. The two have become great friends. They often talk about things. The would teach other about their time period in which they've lived. Jamie would tell Robert all about her friends and experiences. The two would talk about almost anything. The one thing they never talked about was Robert's past.

"So, do you miss anyone else?" Robert asked.

"I miss my family, even my annoying little cousin Jacob. I also really miss my friends." Jamie answered.

"Like who?" Robert asked.

"Janice, Courtnay, Carter, Rowan, Josephine, Ross-"

Robert interrupted. "Ross?"

During all the time they have spent together Robert has developed a crush on Jamie. He has heard of Ross on many occasions. No matter what Jamie said, he always thought she had liked Ross.

"I told you about Ross before. He was my best guy friend. Who was head over heels for me." Jamie reminded him.

"Did you like him?" Robert asked. Jamie felt like she was listening to a broken record every time she heard that question.

"Why do you want to know?" Jamie teased.

Robert blushed. "Just asking." He said quickly. "You just mention him a lot that's all."

"Well I never liked Ross. Sure he was strong, cute, and funny. He just wasn't really my type." Jamie said.

"What type do you like?" Robert asked, not even realizing the words that were coming out of his mouth.

Jamie blushed and looked everywhere but his eyes. "The smart, sensitive, and brave type. Someone who can comfort and protect me when I need it." Jamie said.

Robert was about to say something when he was interrupted by the ringing of bells. The bells on his grandfather rung ten times.

"Ten o clock." Robert said.

"Can I stay for a little while longer?" Jamie asked.

Robert smiled. "Sure."

Jamie smiled back. "Thank you." Her face fell. "I wish there was a way to get Morgan to smile again."

"She just needs to learn that you're alright here and accept the fact that you can't go back." Robert said. He took a sip of his water.

"That's it!" Jamie exclaimed.

Robert nearly spit out his water. "What?" He asked nervously.

"I need to go back down to Earth and make Morgan see I'm alright." Jamie explained.

"No way. No one's ever gone back down to Earth." Robert said.

"The guardian angels do it all the time." Jamie pointed out.

"That's their job." Robert said.

"Well there's a first time for everything." Jamie countered.

"The Lord is not going to like this." Robert said.

Jamie looked him straight in the eyes. "I need to help out Morgan. I want her to live a happy life." Jamie said solemnly. "She would do it for me. Wouldn't you?"

Robert took a minute to think. He takes a deep breath and answers, very annoyed. "Yes."

"So will you help me?" Jamie asked hopefully.

"If I don't who would keep you out of trouble?" Robert said.

Jamie pulled him into a hug. "Thank you." Jamie whispered.

"No problem." They pull out of the hug. "Now let's get ready to head back to Earth."