Chapter 17

Sorry this chapter is really long. I'm starting to get better ideas for this book again. Updates will probably be mainly during the weekends and whatever days I have off. Enjoy! Comment and Vote! ~Writergirlsoccer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert approached a small motel called 'Al's Motel'. He walked in and went to the front desk. The man, who was about in his mid twenties, was playing on a phone. Robert cleared his voice but the man didn't pay attention. Robert tried again. Nothing.

"Excuse me?" Robert asked, annoyed by the dumb look on the man's face.

"What do you want kid?" Asked the man.

"Can you tell me what room a man named Nicolas and his wife are staying in?" Robert asked.

"Can't give that information to strangers." The man said.

"I'm their grandson." Robert lied. He felt more like their nephew then grandson. "I'm here to visit them but they didn't tell me what room they're in.

The man eyed him suspicious. "They look a bit young to have a grandson. They're only in their forties."

You're  six hundred and forty years off. Robert thought. "They had my mother at an early age. Can I please just have my grandfather's room number?"

The man glared at him for a minute. "Room E-17." The man went back to his phone.

Robert turned and walked towards the elevator. It had a large 'Out of Order' sign on it. Robert groaned. He started walking up the stair case. He looked around to make sure no one was around. They only thing was a small spider, trapping a fly in it's web. Robert went to his spirit form.

The motel was disgusting. The whole place was gross and run down. There were a few broken pipes which caused leaky ceilings. The hall was painted white that now looks more like a hideous yellow. Why Nick chose this motel over the small hotel was a mystery to Robert.

When he finally came to room E-17 he returned to his solid form. He knocked on the door. A minute later a woman that appeared to be about Nick's age answered. She had long blondish white hair and a kind face.

"Robert. I haven't seen you since you had pneumonia and the flu. Horrible combination." The woman said.

"That's why I am still only fourteen." Robert said.

"I hope you still don't blame Nicolas for that." The woman said.

"No, I actually might owe him a bit but that's not important right now. Where's Nicolas, Perry?" Robert asked urgently.

"Come in." Perry moved out of the door frame and Robert entered.

It was a single room with only one bed. There was a t.v. that had a large crack in the screen. There was a bathroom but instead of a door, there was a stained curtain. The comforter and pillow on the bed was a similar ugly yellow as the walls.

"Why of all places did you choose here?" Robert asked as a, rather large roach, crawled near his shoe.

"Nicolas chose this place." Perry said with her arms crossed over her chest and an angered look. "He loves pulling his little tricks that annoys everyone. I remember on our first date-" Perry started.

The curtain in front of the bathroom was pulled to a side and Nick walked out wearing sweat pants and a large, black robe. He looked surprised at the sight of Robert. "How'd you know where we were staying?" Nick asked.