Chapter 4

Robert's eyes shot open as he felt his chest get heavier. He looked down to see what was on top of him. Jamie was cuddling up to him in her sleep. He couldn't help smiling at her. He tapped her back lightly.

"Jamie, Jamie wake up." He whispered.

Jamie's eyes opened. She felt something underneath her head. She looked up and met Robert's eyes. She blushed as she quickly lifted her head and turned it the other way.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry." She apologized quickly.

"It's okay." Said Robert. "How come you cuddled up to me in your sleep?" He asked nervously.

Jamie turned her head back to look at him. "Since the day I was murdered I couldn't fall asleep unless I was cuddling something. It always made me feel safer." She explained.

"Still freaked out?" Robert asked.

Normally a newly dead person was still freaked out fr about a month. Sometimes a little more or a little less. It all depended on the situation, age, and how well they handled it. Most people also have family to help comfort them. Jamie had no one but Robert to help her.

"Definitely. The day keeps playing over and over again in my mind. I rarly get any sleep because of the nightmares." She said softly.

Robert scratched the back of his neck. "You could lay your head down against me then." He said nervously. "You know, to stop the nightmares. Only if you want to." His cheeks were a bright red.

Jamie blushed to. "Really?"

"Yeah. I mean what are friends for?" Robert said.

Just friends, since the start. Jamie thought sadly. "Yeah."

Jamie laid her head down on Robert's chest. The two smiled and fell back to sleep. The two's slumber didn't last long. The door slammed shut. Jamie and Robert jumped at the sound of it. Robert instinctively held Jamie close to him protectively. When they saw who it was, he let go of her.

Morgan ran to her bed and started crying. Jamie started to get up to go comfort Morgan. Robert grabbed Jamie's hand. She turned to face him. He shook his head 'no' furiously. Jamie removed his hand. 

She walked over and hugged Morgan. "It's okay." She whispered.

"Who's there?" Morgan asked, her voice sounded terrified.

Jamie raise an eyebrow. When Morgan turned to look around the room, Jamie saw she had no reflection from Morgan's eyes. "Oh, sorry." She said. She took a deep breath as she closed her eyes. When she opened them, Morgan was shocked yet terrified.

"Jamie?" Were the only words that left Morgan's lips. Jamie smiled as she hugged Morgan. "I thought you were gone forever." Morgan said.

Jamie pulled back. " I am dead, if that's what you meant by gone. But I am here."

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be in Heaven?" Morgan asked.

"Well-" Jamie started. She looked at something on her mouth, nothing was there that Morgan could see.She grabbed air by her mouth and moved it away. She turned and glared at something behind her. "Was that really necessary?" She asked, exasperated.

"As necessary as your punching." Said a voice.

"Oh like this?" Jamie asked as she punched something invisible.

"Who are you talking to?" Morgan asked.

"Great job." Said the voice in anger. The voice then came visible as Robert. "I was going to wait but of course you have to do things against the rules."

"Who's he?" Asked Morgan as she pointed at Robert.

"The king of stress." Jamie joked.

"I only stress because you always stress me out." Robert said.

"Who is he?" Morgan asked.

"Morgan this is Robert. He lived during the eighteenth century. He's a great friend of mine." Jamie introduced. "When he's not stressing he's really cool."

"Now you're nice to me?" Robert said as he rolled his eyes.

"She does that a lot." Morgan said.

Jamie glared at the two of them. She then shrugged her shoulders. "True." She said.

They all laughed. Morgan stopped and looked and Robert. She leaned over and looked at him closely. She snapped her fingers like she usually does when she remembers something.

"Wait, aren't you the same guy I saw at Clair's?" She looked at Jamie and smiled. "So you-" Robert covered her mouth.

Jamie looked at the two of them confused. Robert blushed and removed his hand from over Morgan's mouth. Morgan looked at him. She motioned towards Jamie with her eyes. Robert glared at her. She turned back to Jamie.

Morgan holds her nose. "What is that smell?"

Jamie and Robert looked at her weirdly. They glance at each other.

"I don't smell anything." Robert said.

Jamie raised her hand to her nose and breathed in. She pushed her hand away from her. "Uh, it's us." She said in disgust of the smell. "I'll be in spirit form so I won't have to smell-us-anymore."

She took a deep breath and was back to her spirit form. Robert did the same. . Morgan looked at them. She poked Jamie's knee. Her finger went through Jamie. Jamie flinched.

"Don't do that." Jamie warned. Morgan moved her hand back.

Robert smelt the air. The horrible stench was gone. "It was us." He said.

"I guess we won't be going solid anytime soon." Jamie said.

Robert's ears perked up as he heard a click from outside. He turned his head and focused on something. "I'll be back." He said. He walked through the wall and into the night.

"What was that about?" Morgan asked.

"I don't know." Jamie said as she looked at where Robert had left. Why'd he leave like that? She thought. I just hope he's alright.

Morgan's voice broke Jamie's train of thought. "I'm so glad you're back, Jamie. The dynamic duo is back!"

"Yeah." Jamie said softly, her mind still on Robert's sudden departure.

"Ross is going to be ecstatic." Morgan said.

Jamie snapped out of her worried mind. "You can't tell anyone about Robert and me." Jamie said sternly.

"Okay, I promise." Morgan said.

"That's not going to work. You have to swear on your life and on my grave that you won't tell a soul." Jamie said.

Morgan had never seen Jamie act like this. It worried her. "I swear on my life and on Jamie Parker's grave that I won't tell a soul that I have met two souls." Morgan promised solemnly.