{23} The Grille

Chapter 23:

Hanna's POV

We all sit stubbornly in the car while Spencer grunts out in frustration as she looks at her watch.

"Ugh, what's taking them so long? I'm starving." Spencer complains as she pats her stomach, Aria and I laugh and shake our heads at her complaint. 

"We have to wait for them. You know how they are, they're probably crying and talking or fighting or whatever the hell they do." Aria responds as she waves her hand dismissively.

At that moment, my stomach starts to growl as well, I wrap my arms across my stomach to prevent the sound from getting any louder but Spencer notices the first time and points in my direction.

"See, even Hanna's hungry!" Spencer protests as I push her arm away.

"Well at least I wasn't the one complaining about it." I laugh at Spencer, who was getting impatient by the second and little does she know, Aria and I were silently growing as impatient as she is.

"Should we check on them? What if Ali pounced on Em? I mean I wouldn't put it past her, she was really pissed back at the pool." Spencer states, looking impatiently at both of us for an answer.

Eventually, Aria and I both agree and the three of us exit the car and start to walk towards the direction of where Alison and Emily were. Once we finally reach them, we spot them sitting down, looking at the stars and being all lovey dovey with their kissing and hugging.

"Ewww PDA!" I yell at them to gain their attention, Alison and Emily quickly spots us and laughs. They both look and kiss once again just to annoy us.

"Okay, okay, can you guys stop sucking each other's faces and being all bipolar with your relationship for one second so we can get me some food! Seriously, I think I'm gonna die of starvation!" Spencer dramatically lets out. We all exchange eye rolls and laugh at her never ending complaints.

Finally, we help them up and fill into the car. We all decide to go to The Grille as Spencer drives us there like a manic, she did not stop at any stop signs or lights. Thank god, Rosewood has dumbasses as police or else we would've been in a jail cell rather than in The Grille's parking lot right now. 

Once we enter, we quickly grab a table and order. Spencer orders a lot, which was expected, we all shake our heads while she orders plate after plate. As we were finally situated, we start to talk about what happened at the pool just before a voice interrupts the conversation.

"Enjoying your evening?" We all cringe at the sound the annoying voice let out.

Alison's POV

We all look up to see who the voice belongs to and standing there before us was Sydney Driscoll all drench with water.

"What happened to you?" Hanna asks while holding back her laughter, I look over to peak at a guilty looking Emily.

"Why don't you ask her." Sydney says, pointing towards Emily. Emily smiles and wraps her arms around me as she pulls me into a tight hug before laughing off.

"I might've pushed her into the pool."

We all look at Sydney and burst out laughing, I roll back my head so it lays on Emily's shoulder while I die of laughter.

"Oh my god, Emily sure does get you wet doesn't she?" Spencer remarks as she continues on with her laughter. We all dive into another round of laughing while Sydney starts to go red in the face, she shakes her head at the remark before making eye contact with me and asking.

"Alison, can I talk to you?" 

I look at her for a brief moment, contemplating my decision but before I could speak, Emily cuts me off.

"Why do you want to talk to her?" Sydney sighs and rolls her eyes at Emily as she tries again at me.

"Alison, please can we talk...in private?"

I look at Emily and back at Sydney before squeezing Emily's hand and standing up.

"I'll be right back."

Emily starts to make a move to get up but I hold her hand down by the shoulders as I pass her as I give her a small kiss on top of her head, signaling her to stay. 

She obeys.

I peer over my shoulder to give a reassuring smile towards her while Sydney and I make our way outside in front of The Grille to talk, privately.

Emily's POV

"Well that's just perfect." Aria remarks with sarcasm as she starts to pass the food down the table.

"Are you okay, Em?" Spencer asks with a mouthful of food, I laugh uneasily as I couldn't think, all my focus was stuck on the direction Alison and Sydney were heading. I stand up once more but Hanna pulls me back down in my seat.

"I already know Ali wants you to stay here."

I look at Hanna with annoyance as I struggle to break free but Hanna doesn't budge.

"Fine but what do you think they're talking about?" I ask them with worry in my tone as I glance over to the direction where the two just exit from.

"I don't know, did you do anything else with Sydney when Ali left?" Aria asks as she takes a spoonful of her food.

My mind goes into a deep thought of all the memories of when Alison left and most of them were just me getting drunk and hanging with the girls...

...and hooking up with Sydney.

Shit. 

"I hooked up with Sydney once that I remember but after that I just went to her for support about Ali." I say as I try to break down my foggy memories.

"I don't think I did anything else after that one night because everything else is just a blur." I explain, now worried that I might've done so much more with Sydney than I thought. Spencer shrugs her shoulders as she takes another mouthful of food.

"Well, I guess we'll find out when she gets back." 

As the girls turn their focus on their own plate to eat, I look back over at Alison and Sydney talking. I couldn't read Alison's face; is she mad? Sad? Happy? Relieved? I have no idea after all this time apart I suddenly couldn't sense at what she's feeling. I sigh to myself in defeat as I turn to face the girls, grab a fry and take a bite as I exhale the stressful air that fill my lungs.