{17} Dead Girl Walking

Chapter 17:

Emily's POV

Alison's the first to get up as she pulls her legs off of me and walks to the door. She glances over to look at her clock and then quickly over to me, matching the same questioning look that was on my face. Slowly, she swings open the door and takes in a sharp breath as she scoots to the side so I could be greeted by our inconvenient guest.

Maya.

"Hello Emily." she says with a smile as she matches eyes with Alison. 

"...and hello again Alison."

I stand between them looking at Alison with a confused expression as I question them.

"Again?"

Silence fills the space as I look back and forth between them, awaiting for an answer. Alison shifts between her feet as she clears her throat and turns to face Maya.

"We need to talk in private."

Maya nods in agreement as I stand there in disbelief, they quickly turn to walk outside as Alison shuts the door behind her. I quickly stand by the window, attempting to muster out anything they were saying, however, I couldn't hear much.

"What do you mean you didn't tell her?" I hear Maya say out the familiar statement. I watch as both of them stand there as they shake their heads. Alison purses her lips before speaking to Maya.

"I just didn't...not yet."

"It was a mistake anyway, just tell her."

Alison glares at Maya before shoving her finger at her, irritation oozing from her person.

"I just told her you were alive. Anything more and her mind will explode if I tell her this soon."

Maya shakes her head in disagreement as I mentally remember how stubborn she's always been. I let out a chuckle, finally coming to the realization over how the two most stubborn woman I've ever came across with are now trying to settle a debacle of a conversation.

"Alison, you know this is important."

"Don't you think I know that? It's been over a year since I last had contact with all of them, just give me some time to let the situation settle, okay?" Alison huffs out, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Maya sighs and nods in agreement.

"Fine but you better tell her soon because once I leave for good, I won't be here helping you clean your messes anymore." Maya explains while sticking out her hand. Alison looks down and grabs it, shaking it firmly.

"I'll take care of it."

Alison's POV

After I shake Maya's hand, I swiftly pull her into a hug while I release a sigh.

"Just don't get killed St. Germain, I might need you later on." I whisper to her as I rub her back, Maya lets out a giggle before pulling away and nodding.

"I'll try not to." I smile at her response while I appreciate the humor of my friend before biting on my lip nervously. Maya notices as she kinks up an eyebrow and smiles in my direction.

"Do you want to talk to her?"I question as Maya stands still as she looks back at towards my door, contemplating her decision. 

"I should, shouldn't I."

"Kind of a bitchy move if you don't." I shrug off the remaining jealousy I had inside me as I pull on Maya's hand while we make our way to the door and inside. 

We spot Emily standing by the window as she jumps at our sudden presence, looking at us and down at our hands. I pull away as Maya stands stiff by the doorway and makes eye contact with Emily while I clear my throat and step towards my bedroom door with a soft smile.