{4} Time's a Ticking

Alison's POV

*RING*

*11:50AM*

Finally, lunch.

The second the sound of the bell fills my classroom, I jump out of my seat and gather my things into my bag. I swiftly find a nearby bathroom to fix my makeup and hair before heading over to Emily's locker to talk. I had plenty of time to weigh on my decision and I realized that if I truly am in love with Emily then I should tell my feelings regardless of A's threat. If A ever dares to target Emily then at least I'm finally here to protect her. 

So with that, I make my way over to Emily's locker as we discussed. I was excited but anxious at the same time and soon enough the feeling of rejection slowly overcomes me. Once I reach her locker, I place my stuff down and begin to pace back and forth, practicing my confession constantly in my head. After awhile I begin to zone out for a bit, smiling aloofly at the thoughts of Emily and I actually being together. 

...Ali and Em...Em and Ali

I glance over at the clock to estimate Emily's arrival.

*12PM*

Okay, lunch started. 

Where's Emily? 

Our plan was to meet BEFORE lunch.

Minutes later, I start to feel my stomach begin to growl. I place my hands on my stomach, in attempt to muffle the sound. I rest my head against the lockers before looking down the hallway in hopes to spot my beautiful brunette.

I should probably get some food...

...but what if Emily comes while I'm gone? 

The thought of missing Emily just made me push my hunger aside and persevere on. I glance once more at the clock.

*12:30PM*

Lunch is only 40 minutes long. 

At this point, my legs were aching so I take a seat along Emily's locker in the meantime. I rub at my throbbing calves as I scrunch my nose in confusion and curiosity.

Maybe Emily wants to talk after lunch and forgot to tell me? 

I let out a sigh as I shrug my shoulders at the thought, I still decide to wait for her even though I was starving. I rummage through my bag to find something to eat but to my disappointment, nothing edible unless I can count my lipgloss. I push a hand through my hair with annoyance as I huff loudly at my situation.

*RING*

*12:40PM*

Okay now lunch is over.

Once I hear the bell indicating the end of lunch, I slowly stand up, straightening out my clothes as I lean against Emily's locker, awaiting for her late arrival. She'll most likely need to come to her locker to get her things for her next class. I went over my words once again as the feeling of excitement and anxiety comes barreling back in me. After the chaotic mess of a hallway filled with hormonal teenagers clears out, I check the clock once more.

*12:45PM*

*RING*

Warning bell for our next class. 

Damn, Em for real?

I stand there in disbelief as sadness overtook my aura from the absence of Emily. I scan the soon to be empty hallway before spotting the new girl that swims with Emily; Sydney Driscoll, who was passing by and rushing to her next class. I gain her attention with my wandering arm, indicating her to stop in her tracks.