{52} Broken Promises

Chapter 52:

Hanna's House

Hanna's POV

*DING*

I heard my front door of my house ring out, I quickly got off of the stool from my kitchen table and made my way to answer the door. I swept it open and was greeted with Spencer and Aria, arms crossed.

I gave them a questioning look, "What? What's wrong?"

Spencer shook her head and stepped in, Aria following behind, Spencer took out her phone and showed me a text "Did you not get this from Ali?"

I stared at the message that was apparently sent out in a group chat, I shook my head "No. My phone died, I've been texting Caleb all day. He's in Cali right now."

Aria shrugged her shoulders "Well we haven't received a SOS in a while. This is probably important."

"Yeah, and it probably regards Emily. She's not in the chat." Spencer pointed out as she checks the group chat again.

"Okay well who's driving? I have a huge feeling that if it does regard Emily then there'll be alcohol and I need some in my system." I asked Aria and Spencer.

Spencer laughed "Same. Aria, you can drive right?"

Aria arched an eyebrow "Oh really? I thought I was too short to reach the pedals?"

Spencer and I erupted in laughter at the remembrance of what Spencer teased at Aria when we were all eligible to drive on our own a few years back.

I shook my head "Alright alright. Let's go Montgomery, no need to be all short tempered." I giggled at the reference, which also amused Spencer, who was laughing once again.

"Mark my words Marin, I'll get both of you back for making fun of my size." Aria squinted her eyes at both us before turning on her heel and making her way to open her car.

I quickly put on some shoes and grabbed my charger for my phone, and entered the car, Aria pulled away from my driveway and drove towards the direction of Ali's house. Once we pulled into Alison's driveway, we all exited out of the car and made our way up Alison's porch. We waited a good 3 minutes before we were greeted with a teary eyed and red nosed Alison.

God. When does she not look like that?

I shook my head at Alison's appearance "Ali. What happened?" I asked as we entered the house and sat with Alison in her living room couch. Me on the right of Alison, Aria on her left and Spencer on the floor, right in front of her.

Alison sniffled and shook her head "Well first off. Maya and I broke up. It was mutual don't worry."

"Good because I was gonna punch a bitch" Spencer commented before returning her focus on Ali again.

"But I tried to get Emily back but she kept on sending mixed signals. We would be fighting and would tell me that she doesn't love me anymore but then she kisses me and acts all sweet and caring but then once it ends, we go back into a circle." Alison commented as she runs her hand through her hair.

I arched an eyebrow "Where's Emily right now?" I asked as I watched Ali shift in her position, she drops her gaze at her fidgeting fingers that are laying on her lap.

"Ali...Are you okay?" Aria asked with a soft tone as she reaches to stop the movement of Alison's fingers.

Alison sniffles and gives off a sad smile "When we went on our double date, Emily and I sort of had one of our heated make out moments in the bathroom and Carmen walked in...we yelled and fought over Emily until Carmen asked her to choose one of us." Alison spoke quietly.