{21} Poolside Trouble

Chapter 21:

Emily's POV

I awaken up against a pole at the Rosewood High's Pool, I was strapped against the diving board pole. As I scan the whole poolside, I begin to scream out for help.

"Help! Hello? Is anyone in here? HELP!"

I was screaming at the top of my lungs just as I spot a shadow coming from out of the coach's office, pointing a light towards me. I close my eyes to avoid straining them as I hear the shadow speak up.

"How are you, coach?"

I swiftly open my eyes to meet eyes of the familiar voice I know recently too well.

"Sydney?"

I look up as I struggle with the straps, I tug with my body as Sydney snicker aloud. I question at her about what was happening.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Oh sweet, innocent Emily Fields."

She taunts as she pauses and walks over to me, bending down while she reaches and brings my chin up, I pull my face back and question her once more.

"What are you doing?"

"You really are clueless, aren't you?"

Sydney laughs as she goes back to the office to get something. I soon feel vibration coming from my back pocket, I reach down into my pocket, take my phone out quickly and glance over at the screen.

*Alison*

I answer it just before Sydney comes back, holding my old coach jacket.

"I gave you this jacket, ya know...but do you know why I convinced everyone on the swim team to make you coach?" Sydney questions me while stroking my name that was imprinted on the jacket, I shake my head while maintaining eye contact and holding my phone behind my back.

"I did it so I could get closer to you." Sydney confesses with tears in her eyes.

"Sydney! Please let me go!" I protest as she comes over back to me to sit down, she reaches over to touch my hair as I flinch back, she smiles sadly at me.

"I love you Emily, Alison was gone for a year and whenever we were together you made it seem like I was the only girl in the world and now that she's back,  you completely forgot about me!" I close my eyes to refrain from looking at her.

"LOOK AT ME!" Sydney exclaims as she grabs my face, she looks into my eyes but I avert them.

She grabs my face once more, this time close and smashes our lips together. I turn my head away before responding back to her.

"Please let me go...I...I don't love you" I struggle in saying as I continue to move around from Sydney's restraints, she shakes her head before pulling my face again.

"I know you love me too! Don't you dare forget what happened during our last week of school."

Alison's POV

I continue on with calling Emily for awhile until finally she answers. Just before I speak up, I hear a voice a different voice coming from her end. I quickly put my phone on mute and start to decipher what was being said.

"I gave you this jacket, ya know...but do you know why I convinced everyone on the swim team to make you coach?"

"It's Sydney." Spencer says as she picks up her tone from the call, I look over at them with confusion in my eyes. Once discussing about Emily's disappearance, Spencer, Aria, Hanna, and I all sit in Spencer's car, wondering where Emily could be.