{16} Dead Girl Comes to Life

Chapter 16:

Emily's POV

I stand there in shock while I process what was has just been revealed. I take in a deep breath as I rub my temple while turning to face Alison. I look at her with disbelief, still trying to figure out how it's even possible.

"Alison, are you serious?" I ask her now frantically curious about everything. Alison looks down and nods, confirming it once more.

 "Yes. Maya's alive and Paige knows where she is." she explains as she brushes away a strand of hair from her view as she turns to face the elevator door.

I'm completely baffled by what I was hearing and soon enough I'm the one who can't move. I wonder after all these years Maya's alive, she's been completely safe and hidden this whole time. I release a sigh of relief now coming to the the realization that someone I care for deeply is still walking, breathing, and existing. 

The elevator door pings out as the doors opens, before stepping out we were abruptly met with the girls.

"Are you guys okay? Where have you been?" Spencer questions us as she looks back and forth between us. 

I didn't answer, still processing the newly given information. Alison looks over at me before responding.

"Yeah, we're fine." she lets out softly before she averts her body back towards the girls. I look down and begin to I space out once again. 

Hanna walks closer to me as she picks up my face before looking back at the girls.

"She's not fine." Hanna says as she caresses my face lightly. Spencer gives me a concerned look, I could sense her curiosity as she continues to keep her gaze.

"Do you want to talk about it Emily?" Aria asks gently while exchanging looks with Spencer. I clear my throat before speaking up for the first time since we met up with the girls while shaking my head.

 "No it's okay guys. I don't want to talk about it right now." I state before crossing my arms as I lean onto a nearby wall.

"Hey, let's go to my condo okay?" Alison suggests to me as she nudges my arm. I hesitate for a moment, still deep in thought. I nod my head in agreement while the girls wish us good night.

"We'll see you tomorrow okay? Just call us if you need anything." Aria says as she comes close to give me a hug, soon after Hanna and Spencer comes over to receive theirs before they walk away, waving back to us as they exit the hospital.

Soon after, Alison and I make our way out as well and we drive over to her condo in Ravenswood. As we drive, silence fills the car while Alison keeps her eyes focused on the road while I look out the window, watching the passing landmarks, buildings, people, and clouds. I continue to overthink while also unsure over what to say to Alison about my ex-girlfriend ending being alive. 

Once we pull into her lot, we exit the car as I follow Alison to her door. The second her door opens, I directly make my way to sit on her couch. I relax into her couch as I take in her scent as it filled her entire condo. I look around noticing pictures of Alison and I and some pictures of us with the girls. I lay back my head a bit to ease an upcoming headache due to the countless thoughts that were going crazy in my mind, I let out a deep sigh while Alison approaches over to me with a glass of water.

"Here, drink." I take the glass as I smile at her, thankfully and basically chug the entire glass. I set the glass down onto her nearby coffee table as I look over to her.

Alison's POV

I kneel down to Emily while she sits on the couch so we'd be at eye level as she starts to stare at me while I match her. I place my hand upon her face as I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear with the other while I look at her with concern.

"Are you okay?" Emily nods in response, contemplating internally. She clears her throat as she grabs my hands to hold them in hers, rubbing them w her thumbs.

"I think I have to go see her."

I fall numb. I avert my eyes down to our hands as I nibble onto my lower lip. I take a deep breath and release it slowly before meeting her gaze again.

"For what?"

"For closure." Emily replies back while she looks into my eyes, I let out a soft smile as I briefly stand up and walk over to look out my window.

 "What kind of closure do you possibly need?" I say out, still looking through the window as I hear soft footsteps approach from behind me.

"Maya and I cared for each other. After thinking she's been dead all these years and now knowing she's actually alive, I feel like it'll ease my mind to actually see her well and safe." 

I turn to face Emily, contemplating on what to say. Jealousy soon fills my veins as the thoughts of Emily's desire to see her dead ex-girlfriend soon to fill my mind. I huff out as I gain eye contact with Emily.

"Okay...yeah...of course, like I've been stating from the start; you have every right to know anything you need." I attempt to put on my best smile while I try to keep eye contact before breaking away trying to ease myself from her gaze.

"Are you okay?"

"Are we okay?"

I look down as I huff out, tired of holding in my dying question ever since I told her about Maya. I start to take slow deep breaths since I'm tired of crying all the damn time. I shake my head at the silence that fill the air as I look back up to meet Emily's longing gaze.

"Look if we're just going to have this damn staring contest then--" I begin to let out as I make my way past Emily. 

Hands grabs at my arms as I find myself spinning around with my body and face close to Emily's, she briefly looks at me with a pure adoring gaze as she softly smiles and leans down to capture my lips. I hesitant a bit as I feel her full lips, embracing the taste while I slowly fall into her arms. I lightly swipe my tongue along her bottom lip before nipping them gently as I smile softly into her lips. Emily rubs her nose across mine and widens her mouth, inviting my tongue to meet hers. As our tongues slowly moves along against another, exploring each other's  mouths as I take in the way her mouth melt perfectly against mine. 

I feel Emily's arm wrap around my waist and the other alongside my ass while she grabs one cheek, squeezing it lightly and pulling me closer. I swiftly wrap mine around her neck, placing my hand behind the base of her neck and the other draped around her shoulder, matching the intensity she was challenging as I pull her even closer. I push Emily onto my nearby armchair as I sit on top of her lap, legs spread over hers. I brush away loose hair that were covering her face as I readjust to our position while I reattach my lips to hers, I pull away briefly as I stare into her eyes and whisper.

"I don't want to lose you."

Emily places a hand upon my cheek and reassures me. 

"I promise you won't."

We collide together as we passionately devour each other's bodies, my center soon grows damp as I massage mine against hers rhythmically. I feel her push aside my hair as she sucks on the pulse point of my neck while I let out a moan in delight. I take her mouth in mine as our tongues begins their dance with each other. I smile into the kiss as I hear a swift whisper against my lips.

"I love you Alison"

"I love you more Emily."

We rest our foreheads together, I nuzzle my nose against hers playfully while Emily rubs small circles on the base of my back. I gently plant a kiss upon Emily's forehead as we both hear knocking coming from the door.