Chapter Twelve

"Okay, okay. You go! Truth or dare?" Steph said pointing at Luke, a hiccup bubbled out. We were all halfway drunk by now. Every dare we don't do, we have to take a shot. And we all had our fair amount of shots.

"Dare." He replied without hesitation. It seemed like boys mostly choose dare because they think it makes them look tougher. But usually they don't think about the consequences that could follow.

"I dare you," Steph finally said after thinking for a while. She stayed quiet for a few seconds and let the suspense built.

"To kiss Michael." She slurred, a giggle escaped and she covered her mouth with her hands. Just like a little kid does when they say something bad. Luke and Michael looked at at each other in shock for a minute.

"I'll take the shot." He stated reaching out and grabbing the bottle of whisky that was in the middle of us. After a few rounds, we had gradually formed a circle on the floor. In the middle was the bottle of whisky and a bottle of vodka. The whisky was almost empty by now. Luke downed his shot and tried to sit up straight again. He looked in my direction. His eyes a little bloodshot from all the alcohol in his system.

"You guys look like you're joining the army." He remarked amused motioning between me and Steph. By now she was no longer wearing her jacket, and it was noticeable that our outfits matched. Even though it wasn't intentional, it was still very noticeable.

"Truth or dare?" Luke asked looking directly at me. Dark bags were starting to form under his eyes. Luke has taken many shots. Too many even. But to be fair, haven't we all?

"Truth." I chose quickly not wanting to take another shot right now. My head was already spinning. Luke looked like he was concentrating really hard to come up with a good question. His eyes widened for a split second and he seemed pleased with himself.

"Where did you guys get those?" He asked seemingly proud of himself to come up with such an amazing question. Even though it really wasn't that great. He pointed at our clothes. As I contemplated if I should tell them the truth or not, I figured why not? There's a slight chance that non of us will remember any of this by tomorrow. Gathering up the courage to finally talk about a secret we've been keeping for so long was harder than I first thought.

"It's my brother's." I said after taking a deep breath. A look of confusion spread itself on their faces.

"Wait, you have a brother?" Ashton asked, his voice laced with surprise. I nodded losing my balance.

"So where did you get yours?" Calum asked looking at Steph. You could also tell that he was a little drunk. We were all drunk but Michael and Ashton were better at hiding it. You couldn't tell that they were drunk just by looking at them.

"From my boyfriend." She hiccuped again.

"So your brother and your boyfriend served together?" Luke questioned seemingly not fased by the mention of her having a boyfriend. By now I didn't actually care that our game had stopped. I shook my head in response to Luke's question.

"My brother and her boyfriend could never have served together." I said like it should have been obvious for everyone.

"Why not?" Michael asked, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Because," I slurred. I felt a burp come up that made me pause.

"They're the same person." I added thinking that I had clarified everything and that we were done talking about this. I reached out and grabbed the almost empty whisky bottle.

"So you're dating her brother." Michael said, more like a statement. You could hear jealousy in his voice. I wasn't sure if he was actually jealous, or I was too drunk to tell.