Chapter Three

It's the day of the concert, and my anxiety is through the roof. And going to the salon won't help right now.

"Common Lin Pleasee.. I really wanna highlight my hair" Steph pleaded with me.

"I really don't wa-" I said when she cut me off.

"Do you wanna do your nails? I'll pay for you if you go with me" She quickly added, hitting me in my weak spot.

"Ok.." I said feeling defeated as she let out a sigh of relief.

"But.." I added making her tense up.

"You gotta put colors in your hair" I dared, an evil smirk on my face. She looked horrified at me. Steph was a bit of a tomboy, and I knew she was terrified of being girly. And that made this the perfect punishment.

"You mean like red or something?" She asked nervously.

"Well, more like red, blue, green, purple and of course the blonde you wanted" I added with a proud smirk on my face. It wasn't like it will look bad, it will actually work well with her curls.

"Ok, fine" She struggled to say not wanting to chicken out.

-

As we were getting ready for the concert, we didn't say much as the nerves set in. Our outfits were picked out since the tickets arrived. We were done with the long process of makeup. Now we only had to do our hair. As I waited for my flat iron to heat up, I stuck my head out of the bathroom to look at Steph. I watched as she put all of her colorful new hair in a beanie, but left two curls out at each side of her face.

"Really Steph?" I questioned, kind of saddened that she didn't like her hair. She shot me a death glare. I could see the murder in her eyes.

"Yes really" She scolded back "I look like a fucking rainbow" She continued to hiss.

"You look fine" I corrected "I really like it" I said with a whine.

"Yea well, I don't want people to think my idol is barbie or my little pony or some shit" She spat. And I had to bite back a laugh.

"You don't look so girly, if anything you look punk rock" I joked not able to contain my laughter any longer.

"Just go do your hair so we can go" She said with a hint of annoyance. Without further discussion I did what she said.

"I love you" I called out from the bathroom while I straightened my hair.

"Yea, I know" She said her tone flat.

"I love you too, unfortunately" She quickly added in a more amused tone, causing me to smile.

-

The drive to the arena was anything but quiet. We had the radio blasting as we sang along to every song we knew. At the red lights we were jumping in our seats and singing a little bit too loud because of our excitement, earning a few looks from people next to us. We just smiled and waved at them. Reaching the crowed arena, we were lucky to find a parking space all the way in the back.

After standing more that 15 minutes in line waiting to get in, we finally reached the entrance. We showed the lady who had two huge men standing beside her our tickets, and she directed us to our seats. They were pretty easy to find despite all the pushing of a few super excited fans. We sat in out seats and watched the people passing by.

"This is it" Steph said after a while.

"Yea, this is what we lived for" I replied. The arena was loud. Someone, somewhere started shouting "5SOS" and shortly after the entire arena joined her. I looked at Steph and chuckled before we stood up and joined the chant.