Chapter Twenty-Seven

The days were going by fast. Too fast even. I didn't want to think what was going to happen when summer ends. Steph and I have to go back to school. At least this will be our last year of high school. Finally. I was beyond done with these peasants. But that means that I won't be seeing Ashton. No, don't think about. We'll make this work somehow. It'll be fine.

I sighed trying to convince myself. I looked at Ashton sitting next to me on the plane. He was smiling down at his phone. I nudged him arm with my elbow, and his eyes shot up to meet mine. He smirked and leaned in to press his lips against mine. I reached out and grabbed his phone out of his hand while he was distracted.

"That's cheating." He said, not even attempting to get his phone back. I looked down at his phone screen. A picture of his family was what he was looking at.

"Are you excited?" I asked looking up at him.

"For what?"

"Seeing them again." I handed him his phone back.

"Yeah. Are you?" He asked raising an eyebrow at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked not sure what he's trying to say. I hope he doesn't mean what I think he means.

"When we land, I'm taking you to meet my family." He said, his eyes watching me intently, waiting to see my reaction.

"Uh.." Was all that came out of my mouth. I never met a guys family before. I was never worth that much. That's why I don't get why I mean this much to Ashton.

"I understand if you don't want to." He said silently, looking away from me.

"No. That's not it." I said, turning his face back to me. "What if the hate me?"

"They won't. Trust me." He gave me a small smile.

"There's no possible way that you can be sure of that." I countered.

"Yes I can." He said sincerely.

"How?" I was still a little sketchy about this.

"Because I love you." He said, not a hint of deceit. "That's why I know that they will love you." He looked at me.

"Ash-" I started, but he cut me off.

"I'm done hiding you from everyone. I met your mom, got harassed by your dad." He said and I couldn't help but laugh. "You're mine and I don't care who knows."

I didn't really have any time to react before he kissed me. I smiled, into the kiss. He pulled away and lowered his arm. Did he just take our picture? I moved closer to him to see what he was doing. I watched him open the picture on instagram.

"Are you really gonna-"

"Yep." He said before I could finish my sentence. I heart sank a little when he pressed done. Sharing that picture with the world. I grabbed his phone again, in a rush to see what he wrote, and the reactions it is getting. I saw the picture. Our faces pressed together. You can see the smile on my face. I look so prude, oh my god. My eyes quickly moved to what was written below.

'A lot of you know about the rumors that Lindsey and I are dating. And I'm here to say that they're true. I love this girl, and I hate that I have to hide my relationship, because I'm afraid that my fans are going to hurt her. I wish that I could be a normal guy, who can hold his girlfriends hand in public or upload a cute picture on instagram or just tweet something to/about the person I love, without either of us being attacked. I hope that you guys can see how happy she makes me and love her as much as I do.'

I swallowed hard not able to look up from his phone. I could feel Ashton's heavy gaze on me. I'm not sure if I was sad or happy. The love I have for him was overwhelming me, but I still felt like crying. His phone screen turned off since I wasn't doing anything on it. Even so, I just kept looking at it. I could see my reflection in the screen. I wish I knew why I looked so horrified.

"Lindsey?" He asked. "Are you okay?"

"Are you sure about this?" My voice was shaky, as I looked up at him. He nodded, taking his phone back. "It's not going to be easy is it?"

"No." He admitted. "You're dating me. It's never going to be easy, and I understand if one day it gets to hard and you want to go."

"I promised you that I'm not going to leave you." I said a smile creeping on to my face. "And that's a promise I'm going to keep."

"But-" He said looking a little confused.

"Ashton." I shut him up, taking his face in my hands. "I love you. I'm willing to do anything for you."

"I love you too." He pulled me to him, wrapping his arms around me. I held him tightly, not ever wanting to let go. I could stay like this forever, but unfortunately no such thing exists.

____________________________
I found these really cute manips of Ashton and Lily Collins (Lindsey) and I'm sorry but I ship #Ashlin hardcore. So I'm going to upload the manips with the chapters now.