Chapter Thirty-Four

"It's negative?" I ask just be sure I heard it right.

"Yeah." Luke nodded, and I sigh.

"See? We were all worried over nothing." I say relieved. I tried to smile but it wouldn't happen. I let go of Steph's hand and walked away.

"Are you okay?" She called out behind me.

"Yeah." I turn around. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You don't look happy." She frowns.

"Of course I'm happy. What's the use being sad over something that was never there." I struggled to keep my hand from reaching my stomach. I try to convince myself that this is what I wanted. But it wasn't easy. My eyes were starting to tear up. Steph walked over to me and hugged me. I accepted her embrace. I bury my face in the crook of her neck. After a few minutes, I was able to compose myself, and let her go. I walked to my bed and sat down. Grabbing a pillow, I hugged it tightly against myself.

"Sweetie, you should eat something." She said sitting down next to me after grabbing the plate with waffles from her bed, and I shake my head.

"I'm not hungry." I glance at the waffles. Usually I would've inhaled them already, but today, they were somehow making me nauseous. I felt empty. Even though I was never pregnant. But I felt like there was a void inside me. Why am I even sad?

"You should eat something, Lindsey." Luke pushed and to be honest, it was starting to annoy me.

"Oh my god just drop it, okay?!" I raise my voice, standing up from the bed.

"Lindsey." He said, but I ignored him and headed towards the door.

"Just leave me alone." I say, reaching for the door.

"Lindsey, I lied." Luke's manages to stop me in my tracks. "It has two stripes. Its positive."

"What did you just say?" I asked surprisingly calm.

"I lied. You're pregnant." He seems frightened by me composure.

"Why would you do that?" I stepped closer to him.

"Because now you know what you want. You needed to get your feeling straight." He defended himself. I looked at Steph, and I smiled. On the inside I was cheering and doing acrobatics.

"Shit." I mumble, and my heart drops.

"What's wrong?" Steph asks worriedly.

"I have to tell my parents." I cringe at how my dad could react.

"Lindsey," Luke clears his throat, "You have to tell Ashton."

_____________________________
Hi. I stopped writing cause I feel like no one is reading this anymore and idk what went wrong :(
Anyway happy update