Chapter Two

The days were passing by slowly. Summer had just begun so there was still alot of time to have fun. The day of the concert was inching closer. Even though we wished that the concert was more towards the end of summer. For the simple reason that when school started it will be our senior year, and it will distract us from the sadness that the concert had to end.

But since it will be just a little over a week that summer started, we are going to spend the entire summer sad and moping around because the concert will be too short for us. Or any dedicated fan for that matter. I wish that I could stay in that arena forever, in some sort of time loop and just keep reliving it.

"Lin, I have to go home for a bit to grab some stuff.." her voice trailed, as she appeared in the doorway of my bedroom pulling me out of my thoughts. I watched as she got distracted tapping away on her phone. Looking at her I knew that she was going straight home and back. Or if we get lazy enough to just stay at her place. Our families were used to the fact that every break we had from school, our houses basically became each others.

Knowing Steph all my life it was easy for me to know that dressed like that she wouldn't step one foot outside. She was wearing black shorts and a worn out 5sos top of course. It fell off her right shoulder and ended just a little above her belly button, revealing her naturally darker skin complexion. Almost the colour of coffee with milk. I can tell her hair was wet because instead of it being big and poofy, it was tamed and she had on a grey beanie that made her curls fall perfectly around her long face as she continued tapping on her phone.

She was wearing her endless amount of band and loom bracelets she has, as was I. And I couldn't believe how she didn't find herself beautiful. She says that she's fat and far from being pretty, while i think she has amazing curves and is absolutely stunning.

I sat up on my bed so I could take a quick look at myself in the mirror, something I always regret doing. I saw my slightly tanned white skin. I pulled my shirt back and noticed that my tummy wasn't completely flat, I can afford to lose a few pounds. Hopefully before the concert. I looked at my face and my green eyes and cringed. Only thing a little decent about me was my hair. I had naturally straight, dark hair, but I dyed it a lighter colour.

I looked infront of me to find her dark brown eyes looking expectantly at me.

"Wanna come with..??" she asked as if it was the most obvious thing and I should of known she was gonna ask me that, which was pretty funny.

"Yea, sure" I chuckled. I crawled off my bed and grabbed my keys.

"Mom, dad we're going over to Steph's for a while" I called out in the hallway outside my room. My mom came out of her room and walked towards us as we waited for a reply.

"Ok Sweety, are you guys coming back today?" she asked as she stood infront of us.

"Till we know of..." I said biting back a laugh. I looked at Steph who was also trying hard not to laugh.

"Ok, say hi to your parents for me Steph" mom said shaking her head as she caught on to us.

"Don't worry, I will" Steph said as we made our way down stairs to the front door.

As we stood in my driveway we just stared at each other.

"My car or yours?" Steph finally asked after a few seconds. We looked back at the cars. I started to walk towards Steph's car not really in the mood to drive.

"Yours" I said with a smirk as I reached her passenger side door. We got in the car and Steph started going through her cd's. She found one she looked satisfied with and put it in the cd player without even looking at me. When the first song of the She Looks So Perfect EP started to play, I shot her a death glare only causing her to burst out laughing.

"Good choice Mrs. Hood" I stated, more like a warning.

"I know Mrs. Irwin" she said with a huge smile. As I just scoffed and shook my head.

The sun was beaming in our faces as we drove. At one point we both pulled down the sun screens. We looked at the mirrors and closed them almost abruptly. We stared at each other realizing what we just did but none of us said a word.

-

Steph's POV

"Mom, we're home" I called out as we walked into my house. My mom materialized out of the kitchen.

"We? Till I know of I have one daughter" my mom joked. Lindsey walked over to my mom and put an arm around her shoulder.

"Oh common mom don't deny me now. I still love you" she said and we started walking to my room.

In my room I turned on the tv and started grabbing a few things I would take back to Lindsey's. She threw herself on my bed and stared at the tv.

"Steph.." her voice trailed.

"What's this?" she questioned as I turned around. She was holding an envelope. I walked over to stand next to my bed where she was laying. I guess the confused look on my face gave away that I had no clue what it was. She handed it to me and I inspected it. "Steph and Lin" was all it said.

"That's my moms handwriting" I stated. Now more curious Lindsey sat up in front of me.

"Open it" she urged matching my curiosity. I hurriedly tore the envelope open. There were two glossy pieces of a thin cardboard. Almost like tickets but they weren't tickets. As I finally understood what they were. My legs grew weak and I stumbled back.

"What is it?" Lin asked, concern clear in her voice. I handed them back to her unable to find my voice. As she looked at them I grabbed my inhaler and used it to steady my breathing.

"Backstage passes" she whispered in disbelief, barely audible.

"BACKSTAGE PASSES!!" she screeched audible enough for the entire block to hear.

"OH MY GOD!!" she continued to scream.

"I KNOW! I KNOW!!" I shouted back. This time I was the one to crush her with a hug as we continued to scream and jump like the fangirls that we were.

"I'm guessing you guys found them" I heard my mom ask after a while, her smile audible in her voice. She was leaning against my door frame, visibly proud of herself. We engulfed her in our bear hug.

"OH MY GOD THANK YOU" we kept screaming over and over again, keeping my mom in the hug.

"Ok.. you guys can let go now, I can't breathe" my mom croaked out. We released her from our little death embrace.

"Have fun you guys" she said before exiting my room.

______________________________________

A/n

Omg I know it's extremely long but chapter one was really short and I wanted to make up for it. Please vote and comment..

I will be uploading once a week from now on due to school..

Steph<3

p.s i know that it's my name but the character isn't exactly me.

twitter: stephyspencer_

instagram: mashtonscakee_

kik: stephyssp

tumblr: stephyssp