Chapter Eleven

The spoon was hot in my hand as I stirred my tea. It's been six days since the concert. Six days since Ashton kissed me. And, oh my god, I can't stop thinking about it. As the memory of that night kept replaying itself in my mind, a smile appeared on my face. My hand travelled up to my face, as my fingers touched my lips. My fingers were hot from holding the scolding mug on my lap, as they ran over my lips. I could still feel his lips on mine. It's like he's so intoxicating, and my hangover just won't pass. The sleeves of the grey army sweatshirt I was wearing almost completely covered my fingers. I inhaled the familiar scent. It was relatively old, and was just left behind by the owner.

"Hey," Someone said startling me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Steph walking towards the living room where I was seated in front of the TV.

"Didn't you hear me knocking?" She asked as she let herself collapse onto the couch next to me. My hand quickly lifted the mug from my lap, before the hot liquid spilled on me.

"No, I actually didn't." I replied, taking a scolding sip of tea. She looked at me sternly.

"The door is right there." She pointed behind her with her thumb. Her stare was almost disapproving.

"Since when do you knock anyway?" I asked trying to save myself from questioning. She looked at me for a moment before answering.

"You're mom asked me they same thing." She confessed, her face went from stern to amused. I was off the hook. She eyed my sweatshirt for a moment, lightly tugging her jacket tighter around her. A grey shirt peeked out from under the jacket. Around her neck hung the usual silver "dog tags" that soldiers get with their names and information engraved in it. She hasn't taken them off in years. Sometimes It felt weird that now for example my sweatshirt, her shirt and the tags belonged to the same person.

"I think I miss them." I stated, trying to lead our minds away from this. We haven't seen the boys since the concert. Although there were phone calls and constant texting, I still missed hanging out with them.

"Wanna call em?" She asked, her eyes pleading with me to say yes. I pretended to think about it for a moment.

"Sure." I said, as she hurriedly pulled out her phone and dialed one of their numbers. She put it on speaker and set it on the table in front of us. I took another sip as it rang.

"Hello?" I heard Michael's voice through the phone.

"Hey Clifford." Steph said mockingly as she crossed her legs on the couch.

"Hey!" He piped up as we heard other voices in the background.

"One sec." He said as he fumbled with his phone.

"Okay." He added as all of them started screaming through the phone. We talked for a few minutes before they grew quiet. We could hear them faintly talking, but we couldn't make out what they were saying.

"Come over." Michael finally said breaking the silence. They convinced us to spend what was left of the night with them. It did take a lot more persuading to convince my mom. But she reluctantly agreed after a while.

-

As we pulled up into the parking lot of the hotel we did what was planned: Upon arrival we were to text one of the boys, who would meet us in the lobby near the elevators. That person would then escort us to the room they were staying in.

When we walked in to the lobby, we were met by a freezing cold breeze. I mentally scolded myself for not wearing long jeans. We didn't change since it was already getting late and we had already showered. I pulled the sleeves of my sweatshirt down, so they engulfed my hands completely. It hung till about mid thigh, covering my shorts. But didn't cover enough to keep me warm.

We stood by the elevators waiting for someone to come get us. I crossed my arms over my chest, in an attempt to get warm.

"Hey!" We heard someone whisper yell, as we turned to see Calum sticking his head out and elevator. He looked around quickly, as if to see if anyone was watching us. We made our way into the slightly warmer elevator. He pushed the button to their floor, and we watched the doors close.

"Hi." He said greeting us as he wrapped his arms around both of us.

"Oh my god, you're so warm." I said wrapping my arms around his warm torso. He let out a chuckle before we pulled away. We stayed silent as the elevator ascended. As we reached their floor we slowly came to a stop. When the doors opened Calum quickly lead us to their room. As he opened the door he looked around again before we entered.

"I come baring gifts." Calum called out as we walked into their room. We followed him to where the other boys were playing video games.

"Just hurry up so we can continue the game." Michael shouted as Calum walked over to them and joined them on the floor.

There was a chorus of 'hi' and 'hey's as Steph and I made our way to the sofa behind the boys. I sat down directly behind Ashton and watched how they lost themselves in the game. I took out my phone and kept myself busy with a game. After a while of them arguing, they all let out a grunt. I looked up to see a huge 'Game Over' on the screen.

"Another game?" Luke asked looking around at everyone, when Ashton threw the controller on the floor.

"No, let's do something else." He said, reaching for a drink that was in front of him and finished it. He slid backwards until he was leaning against my legs.

"We have pizza. Are you guys hungry?" Calum asked getting up and walking in a different direction, as the other boys followed his example. Steph, who was sitting next to me with her legs crossed also got up and followed them, leaving Ashton and I alone. He leaned his head backwards and stared up at me. His hazel eyes locked with mine.

"Hi." He said, his hands traveled up the sides of my thighs searching for my hands.

"Hi." I replied not breaking eye contact. His hands slightly brushed against my bare thighs giving me goosebumps. When he reached my hands, he intertwined our fingers and pulled me down to him. He stopped when our faces were only inches away from each other.

"You." He said lifting his head a little just to brush his nose against mine in a sweet eskimo kiss, and then let his head fall back on my lap.

"Me." I said confused. I furrowed my eyebrows as I continued to look at him, wondering what he meant.

"Mine." He added before finally pulling me down to connect our lips. I heard a strange noise next to me. I pulled away from Ashton and looked up to see Michael standing there, observing us. He had a plate in one hand and a half eaten pizza slice in the other. A smile appeared on his face as he continued to look at us and munch on his pizza.

"Cute, really cute." He stated mockingly and sat down at his previous spot on the floor. As they others started to come back, Steph brought me a plate with four slices on it.

"I can't eat four slices." I told her, it was too much for me. I can barely eat a happy meal as it is. I'm not proud.

"We can share it." Ashton said reaching up and taking one.

"Not the only thing you guys are sharing." Michael remarked from his place on the floor, with a cheeky smirk on his face. But before anyone had the chance to react he continued.

"That reminds me," He added and you could see a lightbulb go on above his head.

"Let's play truth or dare." He finished. There were a few sceptical looks around the room. But after a brief silence someone spoke up.

"Okay, let's play." Luke said sitting across from Michael. Why is it that everytime one of the boys get an idea, I get a feeling that this will end badly? Because I do feel that this will end badly.

_____________________________________

Finally finished :D I know it's a little short.. I am super busy so I will edit this chapter tomorrow. Thank you to all the ones who are reading this. ILY :) But I could use some feedback on this. So please comment what you think.