Chapter Eight

Ashton's POV

When everyone was ready to go to sleep, we decided to watch TV for a while. Michael decided he didn't want to stay on the floor with us and crawled onto the bed in between Lindsey and Stephany. Despite the protests of Calum, Luke and I, there was no negotiating with a sleepy Michael. It didn't take long for everyone to fall asleep. I slowly opened my eyes, it was still pitch black. I felt around for my phone. When I found it I looked at the time, 2.49am. I used the light of my phone to look around the room. Everyone was out cold, except for Lindsey who wasn't in bed. I got up to go to the bathroom, thinking she might be in there. The bathroom door was open and the bathroom was empty. Maybe she went downstairs for some water. After I went to the bathroom I stepped back into the bedroom, and she still wasn't there. I started to get a little worried. As I maneuvered through her room trying not to step on anyone, I managed to find the door that was ajar. I could barely see anything in the hallway. I walked in the direction of the stairs, only to bump really hard against someone.

She gasped with surprise at our collision. Her hands travelled to my hair, where she played with my curly locks.

"Ash." She whispered, as my hair gave me away. My arm snaked around her waist to keep her there. I walked forward, pushing her backwards until she was pinned between me and the wall. As we stood silently in the dark, I suddenly felt brave. I closed the almost non existing distance between us, and connected our lips. I felt her tense, but quickly relaxed into the kiss. Her hand travelled to my hair, as she tangled her finger in my curls. I slid my tongue across her bottom lip, asking for permission to deepen the kiss which she granted. I pressed her hard against the wall. She gently pulled my hair as I let out a low groan. I felt myself pull away, as the feeling of Lindsey in my arms vanished.

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times as my eyes adjusted to the darkness. I felt around for my phone again. I looked at the time, 5.23am. I sat up straight and illuminated in the direction of the bed, and saw Lindsey fast asleep with her face buried in Michael's back. I let myself fall back down on the pillow and let out a grunt realizing that it was all a dream. I flipped around, trying to find a comfortable position to go back to sleep. As I kept re-playing the dream in my thoughts, I began to drift away.

My sleep was interrupted by the sound of shuffling on the floor. I turned my head to see Calum going out the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked sleepily, squinting from the now bright room.

"I'm hungry. You wanna come?" He replied simply, waiting for my answer.

"Yea." I said still a bit sleepy, when I was interrupted yet again.

"Would you two please shut up!" a voice came from a heap of blankets and pillows on the floor. "Do you have absolutely no respect for the sleeping?" The voice continued.

"C'mon Luke, I know you're hungry." Calum said amused.

"Fine." Luke huffed and emerged from the pillows.

"It doesn't look like Michael will be getting up anytime soon." Calum added a little bit of jealously clear in his voice. Looking over to where they were, he had sort of become a giant teddy to whom the girls were clutching on to. It didn't seem like he could get up without waking them up.

When we went downstairs, it didn't seem like anyone was up yet. We discussed if making breakfast was an option, and decided for it since we were all starving. We searched everywhere for something to make when Michael walked into the kitchen.

"How'd you?" Calum trailed off, as we eyed him in disbelief. Michael cracked a sleepy smile.

"I have my ways. It's kind of a gift." He said jokingly before asking what we were doing. After a while he suggested pancakes. I took out my phone and searched for pancake recipes. Our cooking skills were terrible. And also we managed to make a huge mess. Everything was covered in flower, including us. there was a broken egg that had fallen on the floor. Somehow Calum got maple syrup in his hair. And I don't know why there was oil and batter on the ceiling. I realized I was spaced out when I heard my name being called.