Chapter 52: Memories

Jen's P.O.V.

I woke up. The morning of his surgery. I got down stair to see if anyone is home. I walk into the kitchen and see left overs of the breakfast they must have made before going to see Matt. I suddenly jumped to the touch of Kristen's hand on my shoulder.

"Hey." She shyly smiled.

" What did you not go to see Matt before surgery?"

"I didn't want to have the constant image of my brother drugged out of his mind about to get piece of his brain cut out. Rather wait to see him all happy recovering from it."

"Thats true."

"I'm going to wait in the hospital a little bit before he get out of surgery I'm assuming you'd like to join?"

"Obviously."

"So it's almost 1 so would you like to go get lunch."

"Mhmm."

***

As the waitress put our plate of food on the table Kristen's phone began to ring. She clicked the lock button silence her phone.

"So when are you going home? Not trying to act like I don't enjoy having you around."

"Well my school starts September 3rd? So I have a flight booked for August 28."

"Oh I feel you."

Kristen's phone began to ring once again but she quickly silenced it.

***

Kristen and I walked down the hospital hallway and walked into Matt's room. There was no one there. I sat on the bed next the the night stand. I opened the draw to see a small notebook. I opened it slightly to see pages of writing. I took it and hid it under my sweatshirt and walked down to the deck Matt and I used to talk and chill out. I pulled out the notebook from under neath my sweatshirt and began to read.

3:39am

This isn't something I'd normally do but I have so much time on hands with not being able sleep at night. I've been sick for a long time and I've been trying to hide it from my fans but mostly Jen. I didnt want to hurt her again and again. She's my everything.

12:09am

I've finally accepted the fact. The fact we all die. We'll all die eventually and my time is coming soon. I don't want anyone to mourn my dead for the reason they should celebrate my life and all I've accomplished.

2:47am

I've always over looked the saying life is to short to be unhappy. I'm looking back and I'm pretty content with my life. I have a supportive group of friends and family. The best fans. And most of all the most beautiful girl, the love of my life.

I closed the notebook and held it in my hand. I let out a deep sigh. I walked down the familiar hallway that brought back memories of me and Matt walking through these halls. The clinking of the cart with his medication handing from it. I quickly snapped out of it as I turned the corner and stood next to Matt's room. I built up the courage to walk to the door way. With that I stopped and starred at scene like someone just hit the pause button. There in front of me sat Matt's parents. Mrs. Espinosa had her face in her hands bawling crying while Mr.Espinosa had his arm around her with tears rolling down his cheeks. I can speak for myself when I say I was frozen in fear. My heart sank to my stomach. I was terrified to hear the most depressing words slip out of their mouths.

"H-h-he's gone."