Chapter 25: Preparing

Jen's P.O.V.

I was getting ready because Matt was taking me out on a date. Kristen was helping me out. Kristen was sweet she acted like she genuinely cares for me, I couldn't tell if it was for the reason I was in a relationship with Matt or she actually really liked me. She had brought me to the mall because I didn't pack anything fancy.

"What about this?" Kristen picked out a bright red 'body con' dress. This was probably the 10th dress we picked out but was just another dead end.

"No no, I don't have the type of body at all."

"What about this?" She pulled out a black v-neck long sleeve dress. It was a see through material on the arm but that was really it.

"I'll try it on." I took it from her and she followed me to the dressing rooms.

"So are you and Matt very serious?" She questioned me from the other side of the door.

"I mean yeah. I think we are. I love him and from what he has said and done, I assume he loves me as well." I began undressing.

"He does love you."

As I slipped the dress on I looked in the mirror to examine myself. I loved it. I wasn't much of the one to wear colored clothing because black matched everything even tho I just wear it with more black. I pulled back the curtain for Kristen to see and she smiled brightly.

"You look stunning." She starred at the dress.

"Thank you. So should I get it?"

"Of course!!" She smiled clapping her hands.

I undressed then redressed myself and walked to the line.

"Next" The cashier announced.

She greeted me as I laid the dress on the counter and went to get the money out of my wallet as Kristen handed them her money.

"It's my dress. I'll pay for it. Don't worry about it." I spoke to Kristen.

"No, no. When Matt sent me here with you he gave it to me to pay for you." She smiled and winked at me.

Matt paid for my dress. Now hes going to pay for the up and coming events that will be unfolding this evening.

Matt's P.O.V.

I was excited for tonight. I wasn't really looking to surprise Jen but just to make her smile. I had booked us a reservation at a high end restraint for later tonight. I know its cheesy but I mean what else would I do. My phone began to ring. It was Kristen.

"Hey Kristen. Hows it going with Jen."

"She's fantastic. I love her. We picked out the dress and shes currently in the bathroom so I'm in the food court waiting for her to come out."

"Ok thats great. I'm really nervous for tonight tho."

"You'll be fine I promise. She likes you a lot. She's something special you better not lose her like you lost the last one." I gulped as she reminded me of how much I messed up last time, when I thought I had something good.

"Ok I won't she's different tho." I gulped. "I'll call you later bye."

Jen's P.O.V.

"Now we have to pick out shoes!" Kristen said happily pulling me from the bathroom.

"Oh wow there are a lot of shoes oh my." I stood in front if the how many rows of shoes.

She dragged me through the store picking out shoes left and right. At the end of it I had about 15 different shoes.

"These are my favorite." I smiled holding up a pair of pastel blue heels.

"I love" She smiled grabbing and bringing me to the line.