Chapter 16

Chapter 16

(The Wednesday Before Break. Jack's Thoughts.)

"Hey Zayn. Wait up!" I yelled across the quad.

It was Monday morning and I had a question for him.

"Where's Caroline? Did you walk with her this morning?"

"Nope, she has the Audi now. And Niall. Why you looking for her? I thought you hated each other." Zayn said.

"I have to talk to her. Do you know where I could look?" I asked him.

"Why don't you text her?"

"Oh, right."

I pulled out my iPhone to figure out where she was. A blonde approached Zayn and I.

"Hi Zayn, hello... and your name is?"

"I'm Jack. Nice to meet you... who are you?" I asked trying to be as polite as possible.

"Perrie." she said.

"Nice to meet you. Hey, you wouldnt happen to know where Caroline is, would you?" I asked this girl I barely knew.

"Actually, she's in the studio." Perrie answered.

"Thank you so much." I said graciously. "Wait, you were at the hang out at her house last weekend. Right?"

"Right." she answered.

"Nice to officially meet you." I said giving her a hug. "I gotta get going."

"See you in homeroom Jack?" asked Zayn.

"Yes sir. I have that project to work on." I said.

I walked off. Where was the studio? I had no clue. There was Josh and Preston. Why not drag them along on this adventure. It's not like they didn't follow me everywhere already. Zayn was my only independent friend. The other two, complete followers. How else we would have started dating Top Three if it weren't for me?

Oh ,the Top Three. I should probably explain. Elaine, Isabelle, and Ava. The three most admired in all of Wheeler. They broke away from Care and gave themselves the name. Which I didn't really care about. It means I am dating the most popular girl in school. I helped them make it to the top too.

What a great person I was.

"Where are you headed?" asked Josh.

"The studio. I have to find Caroline." I said.

"Why do you have to find that bitch?" asked Preston.

He felt the same hatred as I did. Mostly because of the relationship with our girls and her. Josh didn't hate her as much, but still didn't love her.

"I decided that I would apologize to her. For all that happened in the past few weeks." I explained.

"Do you mean it?" asked Josh.

"Obviously not, but she was Lainey's best friend at one point. I gotta at least pretend that we're on fine terms."

"But not even Lainey and Care are on good terms." Preston said.

"And neither are Lainey and Harry. They used to be close." Josh added.

"Boys, do you really think that Lainey is really going to continue to hang out with that prick when she has me?" I said.

Being from a different country, with my American accent I stood out from everyone else. Making me one of the most appreciated guys at this school. And now I was even more popular from Lainey and the girls. But I helped with that too.