Chapter 15

Chapter 15

(One Week Later. Caroline's thoughts.)

I had stayed after to work at my paintings a bit more.

The canvas I am using is bigger than anything I've ever done before. And the hardest part was I was going to freehand the entire thing. I'm just mapping a few things out on the picture. It was still a pretty much blank canvas.

"How's it going Caroline?" Ms. Watson came in and asked.

She was a young teacher. Maybe 26 years old, and she was a brilliant artist as well. Definitely one of my favorite people in Wheeler.

"It's coming along. I just want it to be a surprise. But I have a bunch of other ones I'm planning on for the senior show. It's all going to be pretty hectic in here for me until the opening. This one I'm doing now is going to be the surprise one of all." I explained to her.

There were only about 8 seniors in art classes this year, out of our approximately 250 students, it was low. And we got to submit up to 15 works for the show.

"Well, we have the big gallery this year for the senior show. I think I'm going to let you all have a wall of art. I am thinking that you and Zayn are easily going to surpass the 15 works limit, so maybe you can put a few extras in there." Ms. Watson said.

"That would be fantastic." I said graciously.

"I have to get going, I have a meeting in a different district. Can I let you lock up once you're done with the studio?" she asked.

"Absolutely. I'll probably only be around for another hour. I have to print some things off in the Mac Lab too."

"Alright. If the janitors ask why you're still around I'll give you a pass. And just show them your Student ID. That helps." she said writing me a pass and handing me the key with the lanyard. "I have an extra copy. Why don't you and Zayn share this one?"

"Thank you so much Ms. Watson. You can trust us."

"Well I wouldn't give it to you if I didn't? Now would I?" she said and left.

My own studio key. I have always wanted one. To be able to come in the side door into the big, clean, white room and make art whenever I wanted to. I longed for this. I would be able to come in at anytime of day and breathe in the scent of drying paint. This was honestly one of the best gifts I could ever get. Besides my own studio of course.

Now that I was alone I could concentrate easily. I put the Ed Sheeran Pandora station on the main Mac and got to work. I was going to he here pretty late tonight. I decided I would stay until I had every canvas built and every picture printed. I'd be here well into dinner. My iPhone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where are you?" I heard Ana on the other end.

"I'm staying late to school. Tell Mum. I'll handle my own dinner here."

"What time will you be home by?"

"8:00 maybe. I am backed up on art."

"Keep Mum posted."

"Love you Ana."

"Bye Care."

Now I could really get to work. I had to build a ton of canvases. 27 to be exact. Of all different sizes. That was going to take up the majority of the time. It was only 2:30 now, I had plenty of time to work.

I got out all of my supplies. The palettes that made the frame of the canvas, the actual canvas sheet itself, The gesso to prime them, a hammer, some nails, the staple gun, 3 different grains of sandpaper. This was going to be such fun. I'm not even being sarcastic now, I love to do this kind of stuff. My love for art was equivalent to my love for math.