Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Hey Zayn! Wait up!" I yelled to him.

"Oh hi Care. Want to walk home again?" he asked.

"Who else would I walk home with?" I asked him.

He gave me his arm like a gentleman and he took it. We started walking on.

"So how did your day go? I mean besides the whole Lainey/Jack debacle." he asked.

"It ended up a bit better." I said.

"I hear what Louis did, a lot of people did." he commented.

"He was just being a friend when Jack was being an ass." I said with a smirk.

"A lot of people are happy about it." Zayn said back with a laugh.

We still didn't know what Louis' fate would be. I was pretty sure that he would be fine. Boy did I hope so.

"What happened in there?" he asked.

"Well, Jack made me cry, for the second time in one day. But this time I had a reason to I think. He was just talking all of this shit about me, and it was all so horrible. I never want to see him again. But he'll be at that party this Friday. So sucks to be me." I said.

"He'll be too drunk to bother you." Zayn said breaking into a grin. "Probably going to be plastered. Blacked out on the floor."

He got me laughing. And he kept going on like this. Always trying to make me feel better. Such an amazing friend he was.

"Anything interesting happen I your day Zayn?" I asked.

"I started a new drawing. You had a lesson or something during art, but it's looking really good." he said.

He was a true artist. Zayn could draw anything imaginable and it could look realistic. I'm more of a painter myself, an my stuff turns out good, but Zayn is phenomenal. Everyone is jealous of his abilities. If he doesn't go for art I have no idea what he's gonna do.

"And I saw the painting you started, looking nice Caroline. Beautiful actually." he said.

 I smiled. He smiled. And we walked on in silence for a while. Arm in arm. My boys. They have been perfect to me today.

"Caroline." I heard a voice say to me from behind.

 We had walked for 5 minutes just silent me leaning into Zayn with my arm in his. Who could be bothering this moment in time? I turned around.

"Elaine?" I questioned.

Her eyes were puffy, and her smile was widening. I approached her unsure of what this conversation was going to be like. I told Zayn to go on. I'd talk to him later.

"I'm so sorry." she said. "I wasn't even thinking about any of your feelings when I decided to go out with him. I was just thrilled when he said he wanted me to be his girl, and every decision after that by me was poor."

"Lainey, I overreacted about the whole thing. This morning in homeroom especially. It hurt terribly but i was being really critical. I just saw Harry go, and he and I have the same feelings about this situation. I don't know what came over me. I feel terrible. If you like him, then maybe we should try to too. It's just all of the shit that he has put me through since he left for prep school all those years ago really are hard to forget. But I'm willing to try." I said. A small smile breaking into my face.

I really would try and do this for Lainey. I thought I had completely lost her today. I wanted my best girl back desperately. I pulled her into a huge hug. She was crying into my shoulder mumbling something nobody knows.