Chapter 29

Chapter 29

(New Years Eve. 10 pm. Liam's thoughts)

It's been a little less than a week and I still don't feel like I've been broken up with. All I've done is developed a cough from the two cigarettes I had that same day.

I had on nice slacks and the suit coat I bought in New York when we went. I felt spiffy and I hope I looked it too. I hoped I'd find another woman tonight.

"Liam how are you doing?" Caroline asked with a knock at my door. "Danielle texted me the other day and said it might be better off if we didn't see each other for a while too."

"Well she's moving up to Birmingham again so you won't have to see her." I said.

"Liam, how are you." She demanded this time walking through the door and sitting down on the bed next to me.

"I feel like absolute shit. Our good relationship going so strong for nearly three years gone to complete shit."

"All good things have to come to an end eventually."

"But we weren't supposed to, we had this plan and I just wanted to alter it slightly and she just went off on me. I don't know what to do, I miss her but I don't want anything to do with her."

Care was silent for a minute and took my hand. I couldn't cry in front of her, I couldn't show how upset I really was. I was still trying to stay strong for her with the situation with her dad.

"Sometimes things have to happen and no matter how much it sucks maybe this was to help you. Maybe Danielle was helping you in the long run. You want a singing career, she wants to dance, maybe your paths will cross again at a better time." She finally said after much contemplation.

"I hope you're right." I sighed.

Louis peeked his head in through the door and smiled at us while saying, "Alright enough of the sad stuff it's New Year's Eve let's get you out there and party."

"Alright Lou we're ready how about everyone else?" Care asked jumping off the bed and going over to him.

"We're waiting on you guys let's go!" we heard Harry calling from the other room.

Harry, Caroline, Niall and I piled into one car and Louis, Eleanor, Zayn and Perrie climbed into the other. As we were driving on all I could think of was what a shitty time Danielle and I broke up. She turned the happiest time of the year into the worst for me this year.

"I wish Nat could've come out with us." Niall sighed. "She's always so fun on the New Years but her boyfriend wanted to be with his friends."

"You wish she was gonna be here? Really Niall. Do you understand how badly I wanted her here?" Harry groaned.

"Sorry mate, I know it's a sore subject for ya."

"Well you boys will just have to find a group of girls tonight and get in there." Caroline said.

Harry and I groaned, this was the worst time ever to be single, even worse than Valentine's. We pulled into the lot at the pub and walked in with the rest of our crew.

"Alright me and El are driving tonight so you guys do whatever you want, just don't make us pull over for you to throw up." Care joked.

"You guys are the best." Zayn said putting his arms around the two of them and kissing their cheeks.

"I just need a drink." I stated motioning for Harry to come with me.

We squeezed our way through everyone over to the bar and ordered a few shots and beers.